I am stuck in the ultimate dead end and am pulling my hair out (well, what little left I have). For those who aren't familiar with me (from my intro post), my wife (soon to be ex) and I are going through a rough divorce. Both the mediator and my STBX's (soon to be ex's) lawyer agreed that we can't afford to get divorced until we sell our home. We actually had a neighbor who was interested in our place because she wanted her son to live right above her. She offered us 25% more than we paid for it (even after taking into account the renovations we did to the apartment). I was all for taking our neighbor's offer and moving on with this divorce, so we could save our two kids as much trauma as possible and everyone would be able to get on with their lives as soon as possible. My STBX rejected the offer because she wants more money:grief: Unfortunately because both our names are on our home, neither of us can sell it unilaterally. My STBX got a realtor who I never approved of or signed for who said we can get about $50-60 thousand more dollars for our place if we do renovations (i.e. painting and replacing the air conditioner). The problem is we are broke and don't have extra money for renovations. We really missed the boat with our neighbor's offer because she would have been willing to take our home as is for a decent price. My STBX is greedy and stubborn so she sabotaged the sale and we are back to square one. All the mediator and my STBX's brilliant lawyer can suggest is for my STBX and I to move out so our place can be cleaned up, painted, and the a/c fixed, but hello!!!! We don't have an extra penny to our name to do renovations, let alone moving expenses and to start paying landlord/s for rent. Is there a charity organization I don't know about for situations like these? Are there contractors who would be willing to let us pay ONLY after we sell our place and landlords who would be willing to let us live in their apartments rent free for now and pay later, after we sell. Whenever I ask the mediator these questions, all she can say is "you have 3 options: 1) you get lucky and someone will buy your place as is (we had that with our neighbor and missed that boat, thanks to my STBX) 2) we all move out, do renovations, etc. and hopefully our place will sell faster and for more money (yeah, if only we had money to move out, do renovations, etc.) 3) or we decide we can't afford to get divorced and both remain miserable." Unfortunately, it looks like it will be #3. I will need to remain married to and keep living with a beeyotch who couldn't care if I live or die:Cry: Help!!!!