Stuck in a rut!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so bored at work! I know that I'm so much smarter than what I'm doing but unless I have something on paper nobody is willing to give me a chance. At the moment I am the administrator for 2 seperate scholarship schemes for nurses. In my own time, I am completing a Diploma of Psychology and Counselling via distance education. I also play basketball 3 times a week and netball twice a week. Because I'm so busy I probably wont finish my course for another year or so which means that until then - I'm stuck in a huge rut! I also have dreams of being a musician - each day that I sit here I watch them fade right in front of my eyes. I don't know how to get out of this, how to find motivation to do something I'm not passionate about.

I see that I'm being ignored - don't blame you!

Here I am again - looking for new jobs but nothing takes my fancy. Until my studies are finished I will be stuck either here or in some other job that means nothing to my future. I want to make a difference and be heard!

Hi there

I know what it feels like to be bored and lack motivation. You have to make time to do the things that will get you out of the rutt and sooner rather than later.

Could you cut back on some of the sport to allow more time for your studies ??

:)

Did i mention that I'm havng the time of my life here?

Did i also mentioned that I topped my WHOLE YEAR academically in years 7, 8 and 9?!?! I also won most popular, most likely to succeed, nicest girl, most dateable, and most sporty out of my whole high school! Look at me now! Doesn't that just prove to you never know who is broken behind the mask! I bet all those people that voted for me never imagined this - suicide attempts, depression etc. Seems I've failed them all as well as myself thus far!

Sorry for the delay in replying ... I couldnt get onto the forum for a while there ?? Ruralish oz for ya :D

I wasnt meaning you cut out your sport altogether, I agree it is a great outlet, just maybe drop one night to concentrate on your studies.

School and all that happens there doesnt mean nothing once you are out in the job scene. You still end up having to prove yourself and I did a few jobs that I hated but if you look at that in a more positive light and see it as a means to an end (for the money to allow you to do the nice things) ... you will get there regardless if you get another job or not. In the meantime maybe keep trying for another job but also try not to think about the one your in too much.

I know easier said than done but it is worth perservering. How long do you have left with your studies ??

There is no time limit - I go through the course at my own pace (within reason). I would say I will be done in another year or 2.

Thank you for replying! I didn't think anyone was going to for a while but I can always count on a fellow Aussie haha! :smile:

Bob26003

I am proud of you :)

Keep up the good work. That stinx that you are not motivated about yer field though. :(

I dont know wot to tell you. When I was studying to be a teacher I was very motivated. It is the only thing that kept me in it.

Unfortunately sometime we have to do what it takes to make it in society. But you will always have your music and your passions!

:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00