stuck in our own prisons

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mortdesinos, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

Let's break free from our own grasps. Let's trust in hope so that we can live our dreams. Let's bring this world up with us instead of dragging ourselves down with the earth. Let's make history. Let's take chances. Let's be friends.
  2. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

You make it seem as it's a conscious choice to be depressed. Well it's not, i don't have any hope left and my dream is of one thing. To finally put an end to this sorry exscuse for a life.And with alittle bit of luck, and some booze, i will.

I don't mean to knock your positive message, but to me it seems to say, cheer the fuck up and get on with your life. I know that's probably not what you're saying, but i guess we see what we want to see.
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Let's not and say we did, k? I can't just bring things up with myself, and make myself magically happier, if I could, I wouldn't be here.
  4. mortdesinos

mortdesinos Well-Known Member

If I could, I wouldn't be here either. But without positive self talk, you won't get anywhere.
  5. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

Whatever works for you mate, but for me it takes more than a positive outlook.
    And i don't have the energy or inclination to do anything. I guess you can only help yourself soo far.
  6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

cool message... i like!
    i take a relaxation class twice a week... as part of the guided meditation we are asked to imagine ourselves like the birds, flying free. makes me cry every time. i have so much self-hatred dragging me down but in my heart, i still want to be free like that.

thx for posting,
  7. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Its a good message and its worked for many people. When one has little to lose anyway, it does not hurt to attempt to will yourself to act and think positively. I suppose its mind over matter, although its debated how effective it is.
  8. almosteasy

almosteasy Well-Known Member

I tried staying positive for years and putting my best foot forward. Never helped, everything always turned out horribly, no matter what. So whats the point of positive thinking?
  9. pit

pit Well-Known Member

You want something positive? Here ya go, lol!

Some like wine and some like hops
    But what I really love is my scotch
    Its the power, the power of positive drinking

Some people ruin their drinks with ice
    And then they, they ask you for advice
    They tell you, Ive never told anyone else before

They say, candy is dandy but liquor makes quipsters
    And I dont like mixers, or sippers or sob sisters
    You know, you have to be real careful where you sit down
    In a bar these days

And then some people drink to unleash their libidos
    And other people drink to prop up their egos

The pow-pow-pow-pow-power of positive
    The pow-pow-pow-pow-power of positive drinking --

Lou Reed
  10. somerandom

somerandom Member

who said anyone wanted to get anywhere. you have to want to get better to start to get better right. suicidal people..often..dont actually want to be here any more. you might want to start from there instead of assuming that we all have wonderful families and friends and stuff to look forward to. all the good memories are worth absolutely nothing when you are whole heartedly ready to die.
  11. downnout

downnout Well-Known Member

What the hell... I won't drink tonight. I'll take a bath instead and try to get up tomorrow at 9. I still don't know why. :sad:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2008
  12. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I wish I could. -.-
  13. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

well i, for one, want to get somewhere. i wanto get better, get well. some days it seems this is an impossible dream, and those days i still want to die, and i would do anything to stop the self-hatred. this week has been particularly hard. but i come to this site because it keeps me alive. yeah, got a psych, meds, all that, too but there's nothing like friendly words from someone who has been there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.