Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Anonymous00, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Anonymous00

Anonymous00 Well-Known Member

I don't really know if I'm stuck and still inlove with the guy I broke up with 4 years ago but we're still connected via social media and I've been re-reading our conversations and I keep asking what happened to us and why did it happen and I keep wondering if he asks the same questions. There are days where I'll just stare at the screen and wonder, if I said hi to him first, would he say hi back? or is he still interested in talking to me or that maybe he regrets what became of our relationship. I don't even understand it but it seems like I'm longing for something that's long gone.
  2. Dewonderland

Dewonderland Well-Known Member

I am not to sure if it worth feeling depressed about it.
    4 year ago relatioship for a lot of people you would sound like a sad stalker that can't move on ... almost scary obsessive.

I don't mean to judge just sometimes I think is good to realise what would be an outside point of vue because sometimes we don't realise what we do to ourselves.

Don't you deserve better ?
    Happiness, your own present and not living in the past ?

I think you desserve it !

Realy if you think there is something then go and ask him.
    If there is something then he's probably longing for you to come back and you'll know it.

BUt is it what you want ?
    It probably ended for a reason and going back will just lead to the same things that makes you two not matching the way a couple should.
    thats not bad or good that just IS.

I think you know the truth so why don't you tell yourself lies when you also know the answer.

If you need proof it's easy to go for it.
    Maybe you and me are wrong and he wants you back then go for it ask him.

anyway I think you have to go back to reality.
    You're wasting your time with what your doing now and your time probably could be used to something better for you !

3. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

Part of me longs to help you, since I went through something very similar. Not a day goes by where I don't think about my ex-fiance...and it hurts. I used to wonder what would happen if I spoke to her again. If she would regret what happened and apologize...if she'd come back. But the thing that I realized is that if I go through the emotional rollercoaster of talking to her again, I am just opening myself up for her to hurt me again. This may not be the case for you, and if you truly feel like it can work, then I encourage you to pursue it. However, think long and hard about what happened between you two. Do you think that things have changed? If you message him, there is also a chance that he will not respond, or even respond negatively. Think of all possibilities. Sometimes it is better to wonder about the future than to take action and become disappointed or hurt. Whatever you decide, I wish you luck.

Be safe.
  4. Anonymous00

Anonymous00 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your replies. I think I'll go with not pursuing him anymore. We've already tried to make it work twice but still ended up parting ways, so I guess the answer should be as bright as day that we just don't go well together. I'm probably just longing for being in an intimate relationship rather than being together with him again. I'll try my hardest not to linger on those memories again and probably just delete all of our conversations so that I won't go back to them anymore. Again, thanks for your replies.
  5. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

I wish you luck in everything.

Breathe, relax, and be safe.