Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by aki, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I just want someone to come and hug me or just rub my arm or something. I feel so low. I don't even know what to say...I don't want to die but I think it's the only thing I can do because no one can or wants to help me. I wish I didn't have to ask for help. All these people rushing by, I wish just one of them would see :sad:
  2. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

What should people see? What to you need and how can they(we) help you?
  3. Patch

Patch Well-Known Member

I wish you lived next door so I could hug you:sad:
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

consider yourself hugged! :hug:

you say nobody wants to help you. what have you tried? are you on any waiting lists?
  5. aki

aki Well-Known Member

i haven't even told anyone how i feel yet. i just find it difficult to talk about that sort of thing, and i think my parents do too. i'm pretty sure they know i'm depressed but we never talk about it.

sometimes i just feel like lying in the middle of the street and screaming just to get attention. i know it's fucking pathetic i haven't even tryed to get help and i'm complaining, i know, i know :sad:
  6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i don't think you are complaining at all. i know how awful it is to feel so low and to keep it all inside.

thing is, even though it's a big, scary step to take, there *are* people out there who can help you feel less suicidal. sure, you have to do all the hard work yourself, but they are there to support you along the way. that's why i asked. just keep it in mind as an option, one that you can pick up later if you want.

for myself, i couldn't lift myself out of depression on my own, my thinking was so tangled up. i kept thinking about all the things i'd messed up in my life, and each new setback was evidence of my overall loserdom. the more i thought, the worse i felt. it took alot of work with a mental health nurse for my thinking to shift. was it hard asking for help? yes, i was totally embarassed. but was it worth it? absolutely.
  7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

8. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:hug:s you

like people above said, there are people who will listen to you. and it's really scary to reach out- but i can remember you talking about a kind therapist that you got on with- is she still an option?

parents can be difficult to open up to. but if you think they could support you, maybe that's another option. there seems to be an underlying understanding between you and your parents, from reading your post, that they know you're depressed. do you want to talk to them about it, share a bit of what you're going through with them? if talking is difficult, perhaps writing a short note would be easier?

maybe once some kind of communication has been opened a bit, between you and whoever you want to communicate to, whether it be counsellors or parents, it might slowly get easier for you to share your feelings with someone. it's like an old creaky door that hasn't been opened for a while- it is hard to push, it is hard to open and it's heavy, and the door needs oiling-but it might get easier to push it open after time- and time, patience and kindness to yourself could be a kind of oiling for that door.

sharing things with others, does help although i do appreciate and i do hear how difficult it is to communicate with anyone at the moment.

you want to scream though- have you tried screaming? screaming can feel great. it can help somewhat, especially at times like this when communicating verbally is hard for you.

i see you though. i do see and hear you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.