Student commits suicide after being videotaped having sex

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mordeci, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Here is a sad story two college students recoreded a fellow college student having (gay) sex and posted it on the internet, when the student who was recoreded found out he commited suicide. The two people who recoreded him were charged with invasion of privacy (a crime punishable up to five years in prison) personally I wish the law has some way that they could hold them liable for his death, but it looks like they will get off with a slap on the wrist at most five years which I doubt they will get the max.
  2. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

They are directly responsible for his death, atleast they should get involuntary manslaughter.
  3. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

Was the guy who killed himself not ''out'' yet then?
  4. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

I heard about it. It is very sad. I wish someone could stop him before he did that.
  5. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

The articles I have read said that he was a very shy, private person so I am assuming he wasn't out but thats just a guess, and if he was I don't think the people in college knew, everyone involved is keeping it really under wraps, so there isn't much personal information.
  6. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

7. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

Oh god, I feel terribly for this kid. I'm a very private and reserved person as well. I already hate people barging into my room as it is, but video taping me? God damn. R.I.P.
  8. Deanna

Deanna Active Member

I cried when I read this! And these are supposed to be "educated" college students? Are you kidding me!?? A slap on the wrist isn't enough - it's clearly a hate crime.
  9. WorldBurns2Death

WorldBurns2Death Well-Known Member

Man this kind of shit just really pisses me off to no end. From all accounts this poor guy didnt do anything to ANYONE. I hope they throw the book at these two scumbags that did this!!!!
  10. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

he was probably very talented too...
  11. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

what a sad, sad thing to happen...
    I hope they throw the book at those idiots who caused this..
  12. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

:( Some people just don't understand the potential ramifications of their actions. Though doing that you'd have some milicious intent working behind it.

13. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

He thought his perverted lust could be hidden, but once it was found out his shame was so great he couldn't bare the disgrace.

If the same thing happens with a heterosexual male the results are different. I remember a guy walking into a bar and everyone started singing, ''any time any place anywhere'' and he looked so pleased with himself.
  14. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

It's really such a waste...
    And his 'friend' who showed the video online is a fucking douche!
    You just don't do that to people!! He's been watching too much American Pie or something. -___-
    I hope he feels the weight of his friend's passing on his shoulders because it's pretty much all on him and it will never ever go away.
  15. Krem

Krem Well-Known Member

I do so hope you're a 'troll'. But in case you're not, then you should learn manners. 'Perverted lust'? Yes, because obviously having sex with someone who is not of the oposite gender is perverted and indecent.

And hetero males are suposed to "conquer" women, and thus when there is proof of his deed, his "victory" is celebrated. Most women, I like to believe, would also prefer not to be video taped having sex. Is that 'perverted lust', as well, since they'd be 'ashamed' of it?

I'll now play a little game of 'Devil's Advocate'-- His roommate was playing a prank on him, without realising how he'd react. He, I believe, would think that they'd be able to laugh at it within the week. He should be charged for the privacy thing, of course, but he is not directly responsible for the man's death. It was douche behaviour, on that we can agree on, but I will say that their only crime was video-taping and posting without consent. And 5 years for that seems a little harsh, to be honest, but then again it has potential to ruin lives. (Which is what the suicidee believed would happen, I'm guessing.)

And while I think people are overreacting to the news on this thread, it's expected of people to behave this way when hearing of it. It's not like there are far worse things happening that they don't seem concerned over. But that's completely, utterly off-topic.
  16. bdawk

bdawk Well-Known Member

I read this story and it really bothers me....Look i understand prnaks just as much as the next person, but invading someone privacy like that is just unreal...
    Once is bad enough, but twice!!! wtf is that guy thinking.
  17. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

If they are human, they will have to live with themselves knowing what their idiotic actions caused for the rest of their lives... A fate far worse than a jail sentence IMO.
  18. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

What they did sounds very American Pie.

The problem with the "prank" is it was regarding something too private, it crossed a line.
  19. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

Post a sex tape of yourself, then claim that the pain is only because you're gay.
  20. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

It's obvious we judge what is right, true and good by a different standard. If the guy had felt OK about what he had been filmed doing then why the jump? His actions, post filming, are evidence of a man who felt unable to face his peers.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.