1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Study break

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by DoesNotExist, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoesNotExist

DoesNotExist Member

Yea I'm taking a ten minute break from studying. I didn't take my sleeping meds just so I could study,which is the excuse I'm using for "I think sleep is a huge waste of time during which I could be doing millions of things" which is also an excuse for "I want to sleep so bad but I can't. Not just physically, but it doesn't fit my schedule." Any suggestions?

2. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hiya

Sorry my reply is very late - how are you doing now? Did you manage to get much studying done and did you get some sleep?

Jenny x

3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i dont know about you but i've found that studying for long periods of time (more than about 30 minutes-an hour) means that i can't concentrate anymore. therefore, i take lots of short breaks in between. it usually means your brain stays semi fresh and so you remember stuff more easily. if you can't sleep, maybe go for a run and try to exhaust yourself? or try taking a hot shower not long before bed. you need to sleep. it improves your memory, and therefore it'll improve your studying too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.