Study hard, have a high paying job, find somebody to love and live happily ever after

Status
Not open for further replies.
If life would be that simple... But it's not.
I just realized that I stopped living my life and keep on only existing. There's no point for me to go on, because I know my life won't change, or more exactly, won't get better.
As I said before, I'm kind of dead inside and that makes me a bitter, grumpy and antisocial person and I don't really know how to express myself or how to interact with people. I prefer to avoid them.
About the title... yeah, I've been told that phrase a lot; ironically, by people who are far from achieving that, but they still managed to get to some level of happiness. Anyway, let's say I do try to have that myself; the studying part I could do, the job part as well, but they wouldn't require too much human contact. But the relationship part, that I just couldn't do.
So then, why even bother with achieving this and that when the real and important things in life are just out of reach?

Just a rant... :dry:

G

ggg456

Re: Study hard, have a high paying job, find somebody to love and live happily ever a

:hug: What are the real and important things in life to you? The relationship part?

G

ggg456

Re: Study hard, have a high paying job, find somebody to love and live happily ever a

Maybe try and distance yourself from others' expectations and give it some thought. It is hard to do this though, when you've been fed these things nearly all your life.

There are other options available to you. Maybe you'll find a path that would make you feel fulfilled.

I've never wanted any of that stuff apart from the relationship part and doing what I wanted without people hanging over me.

sarahg

i hear this from so many-so many things to live up too....
i work on stupid money that i have to do extra cleaning jobs to support my family but......
my main job i love-it gives me confidence,excitement and fun
with those money,relationships etc are in background.u see what happens is that u do something good for u -as my work-which leads to friends with simular attitude ,which leads to sometimes relationships.
i know sounds easy but i have proven the case
my friend proved it by finding a hobby which led to friends and now she married.
take it as a challenge to find what u like-have a selfish month thinking of only u.
good luck xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00