stupid, and guilt

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Musiro, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musiro

Musiro Member

I haven't cut since halloween, when I had an accident and had to go to a&e, like a proper accident, but I had burnt myself that day too. I'm now feeling the urge to cut again. I turned 21 on the 27th, and I kinda promised myself I would lapse after 21, to give myself incentive. But it's so hard. Even stupid things, like today I broke my friend's laundry airer thing and she's all annoyed and it wraps itself into all my issues and makes me want to cut. Today is one of my housemates' bdays too,and that makes me feel even more guilty and I have to go out with them, but I can't face it, but I have to cos it's her bday. And I'm so angry at myself and I'm taking it out on other people but the more I do that the more guilty I feel and it's a horrid spiral. Just writing this is helping tho, so thx for at least providing a place to vent this.

2. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

Keep on talking if you wish. I know about the spiral your talking about. I've been there. Maybe if you write enough of your stresses out you'll lower your desire to cut? Just a thought.

As far as that b-day party, I find it helpful for me that if I reduce the decisions I have to make it relaxes me. Even little things like letting someone else do the driving. Look for the little pleasures in life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.