stupid counselor!

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by fading_dreams, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fading_dreams

fading_dreams Well-Known Member

when i first got my antidepressants about a month ago, my parents wanted me to go see a counselor first. i was already seeing someone, but they wanted me to go to this other guy too. i really don't like my sessions with him, but he's free. i tried to tell my parents that i don't want to have any more sessions with him, but they just suggested that i move it to another time. it's not like that's really going to help. does anyone have any ideas as to how i can make my parents understand that i don't want to go back and have more sessions with this counselor? because i can't seem to make them understand. and i can't just not go. they'll get so mad. and the new time that i'm switching to will be with this teacher who is really tempermental and annoying and yells at you even if you're doing the thing that she asked you to do. there is no way that she's going to understand why i have to skip her class every friday. but that's relaly the best time. i mean, i have a 98 in that class. that's my highest grade. it's the class taht would be the best for me to skip out on.
    but i don't want to skip. i want to just not have the counseling.
    i hate this!!!!!
    please somebody help!

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

teachers can be more understanding than you think... although if you dont like him, then i wouldn't really suggest going.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Tricky one. You say you are already seeing someone? this means you are now having to see 2? YES?
    Cos if so that is counter-productive, you won't be able to bond with either.
    If you are seeing 2 then I would use that to get out of it, tell your parents its not working seeing 2 and would rather concentrate on the one.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.