Stupid economy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiba

I feel so useless.. I can't find a single fucking job.. :blub: I'm tired of sitting here doing nothing.. I'm tired of sitting still.. And even if I go to college what would it be worth anyway..? If I got a stupid degree, owed money all my life, and still no job.. It's so useless.. I've been trying like crazy to get anything I can get as a job..

I feel so stupid.. I feel so shitty.. Just.. tired of this bull shit being at home all day down and alone.. :cry: I'm tired of this nothing.. I want to feel productive.. and all I feel is uselessness.. and even worse trying to find a job that will allow me because of my attention problems and other issues.. I am getting so tired of it.. I don't know what the point is anymore..

:badday:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
It is so hard hun for everyone now to get a job let alone that first job hang in there okay Just keep putting out those resumes even if you have to sumitt then over and over again until they see your name hun hugs to you

Kiba

Thanks.. I just don't know what to do.. I don't know where else to apply.. Or how I can get any connections.. Ugh.. It's just so hard right now.. :(

Kiba

I don't know where to volunteer.. I have 2 volunteer jobs already on my resume.. And I get so easily bored with volunteering.. I need a challenge.. I mean.. I'm not against volunteering.. I just can't live off volunteering either.. I live on Disability income and I'm tired of barely making it though each month.. :cry:

I want a life.. I want a challenge.. a reason to get up in the morning.. a schedule.. something I can work toward specifically.. And earn..

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiba

I've applied to a few different restaurants like that, taco bell, Arbys, McDonalds.. And there's literally no openings.. Anywhere.. I've been applying for jobs like crazy! Anything I can get to by bus and think of I try and apply for.. I've come down to trying to apply at a gas station.. I just don't know what to do..

Obsessive

I know, it's just you've repeatedly emphasized the feeling of accomplishing nothing, feeling unproductive, and sitting around in your OP that it makes me think you need to keep busy somehow in the interim to keep your mood from getting even worse.

I hear ya on getting easily bored with it though. I've recently gotten a weekly volunteer position at a food pantry just to get out and do something. I mean in my case I don't have anything better to do anyway, not even anything I like to do anymore.

I'm sorry swift that sounds pretty rough. I can relate to feeling unproductive it certainly sucks.

The main thing I can suggest is doing your best to stay positive and keep applying. Possibly think of a job no one else would want. You could even look into some temporary work at an agency where they need someone for the short term which could help you get some extra cash and feeling better. If they like what they see with you they could possibly want to hire you long term.

Being alone does suck but remember that you as much as anyone else deserves love and compassion first and foremost from yourself.

:hug:

Isabel

Staff Alumni
I don't know where to volunteer.. I have 2 volunteer jobs already on my resume.. And I get so easily bored with volunteering.. I need a challenge.. I mean.. I'm not against volunteering.. I just can't live off volunteering either.. I live on Disability income and I'm tired of barely making it though each month.. :cry:

I want a life.. I want a challenge.. a reason to get up in the morning.. a schedule.. something I can work toward specifically.. And earn..
Hi Swifty,

I understand you frustrations. Just my two cents, but it is to be expected that both for a job and volunteering there will be a lot of grunt work to begin with. Doing our fair share of grunt work and do it well is the price to pay to advance and be given more and more interesting things in anything. If you have difficulty with attention, try to find a type of volunteering which involves physical activities like a soup kitchen. If you still want something involving seating at a desk for long hours, make sure you get up, walk, stretch, drink a glass of water every 50 minutes. And also, just for your own, find an activity which is creative, painting, writing etc...This will keep the boredom at bay while developing a new set of skills.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Is there a way to acquire a skill so that you can do contract or per diem work? Maybe looking into online education in a field that is recession proof, like health care. Medical coders, or the ones that help with the billing is an area that one can learn rather quickly and is always needed...just a thought

Kiba

I am trying for ANY work I can get.. When I said I wanted a challenge I don't care weather it be cleaning toilets!! I just want the challenge enough to get up in the morning and have SOMETHING I can work doing..

I HAVE been doing grunt work!! I've volunteered at a kitchen before and at a pizza shop AND at an anime convention as Security!! And I have this job I am working at 2 times a month taking phone calls.. I just need something more often that that to add on!! I cant do this bull shit anymore..

I need some plan for my day instead of sitting here wondering what I'm going to do.. And for now the only plans I have every fucking day is to job search any way I can think of.. :cry:

I am just fucking limited by not having a car or license for one.. and then no fucking jobs are really available!! My state has one of the highest unemployment rates in the USA!! And I doubt they count all the homeless either in those statistics.. Not that it fucking matters.. Maybe I'm just making up stupid excuses.. but It's not as fucking easy as people may think!

And I've had online colleges call me asking about enrollment and I'm tired of the bull shit they tell me unable to say how much I'm going to owe.. let alone by the time I finish whatever degree if it would even give me any more opportunity then I have now, considering the growth in more and more people each fucking year and the decline in available jobs..

Then if I could even handle such a class referring to classes I've taken online while in High School because I had to COMPLETELY skip a section because I cannot differentiate Main Ideas and Details from a stupid timeline!!

I'm sorry for the yelling but I'm just sick of it!! I'm tired of people thinking its SO EASY to just find a job if you keep trying!! It's NOT!! Especially when your on disability and have limitations as well around even that!! I am so fucking frustrated with this I'm sorry.. I want to just die.. :blub:

I just don't have the time either.. I just need a job.. My therapy program is dropping my friend and I and things are going to get even more difficult.. I don't have time for a volunteer job.. I'm just so fucking stupid..

Isabel

Staff Alumni
Swifty,

I dont think anybody told you it was easy or minimize what you are going through, and yes, the economy is very hard, its hard for a lot of people. We are just trying to be as supportive and constructive as we can here. what else can we do, hun, honestly? I am just telling you what strategy worked for me in the long term. What you also have to focus is your positive qualities and build on those. Its very sad for me you are so hard on yourself because I don't believe you are stupid at all. You are a smart, personable and you've being through a lot and make it through it. Cry as much as you need to, just dont throw up the towel. I think what I am trying to tell you is dont get discouraged, okay?

Isabel

Staff Alumni
:hug: dont be sorry hun...there is nothing to apologize for. You situation is very stressful and its just alright to comes out here. The feelings you have are just normal. i'd feel the same. its good you have a place to let it out.

Kaos General

I feel your pain, i havent had a job for years and ive been looking for a job non stop for the past 2 years and still havent found one. I dont really understand what disability has to do with finding a job though.

Kiba

If I wish to keep my disability income I have to make under a certain amount.. and If I make too much I will lose it permanently.. So in that case if I per say get a job that makes over that limit.. and then get fired I could be pretty screwed.. At least from what I'm told.. And then I have ADD and Aspergers that are making it difficult to concentrate on interviews and communicate right..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00