Stupid fucking new SF

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Øyvind, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

There is no Control Panel, I can't find my own posts, I can only find my "latest posts", the old ones are lost unless I want to searsh through hundreds of pages. God fucking damnit! Both youtube and SF change for no reason other than to be a prick

2. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

Control panel looks like it was replaced in this version by the Settings option on the top right of the screen.

I know how frustrating it can be when things like this change. All of the boards I use at work also updated to this newer version. The trick is to relax and poke around.

I'm about to try and search for some of my old posts. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know.

3. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

Click on your name to go to your profile, on the left you will see "Find latest posts" and "Find latest started threads".

All websites update from time to time, it's annoying at first, but eventually we get used to it.

4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

I found your older posts

Go to the Advanced Search under the search box and search using your profile

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I hate it too, but its done so I guess we live with it.

6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I really hear that its hard to figure out this new format. But hopefully we all will. The thing that helps me to deal with it is knowing that the owner and management of sf are so wonderful, kind and amazing. They care about us and want the best for people who come here. I know its hard though,. I hear ya,

7. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Well-Known Member

personally I think that then new site layout is pretty sick, the old site looked really outdated, so I think a site upgrade is long overdue. Sure it takes some getting used to, and some of the bugs still need to be sorted out, but all in all I like it. More streamlined as well. Just my 20 cents :/

8. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

Where's the panel for the smilies gone in advanced? :( now i have to guess which ones i want.