stupid movie

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by morning rush, Apr 4, 2014.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I started to watch this movie called Repentance with Forest Whitaker. I love that actor and it says it's a horror film so I thought awesome. Well, for the 30 min I saw, it was no horror. It's about a life coach taking on a trouble man, who has bipolar. And the first thing he tells him is to not take his lithium because, it masks the pain, and I was offended because as I remembered lithium is a sort of salt that the person brain should be making but is I was offended by that and then it just went worse and I started to feel really bad. So I stopped the movie.

Now I feel like crap and sad and just can't shake the damn depression of that stupid movie.

does that happen to anyone else? you watch something that affect you so bad, changes your mood and makes you feel worse?
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Yes, that has happened to me, morning rush. I've been triggered by something and it was like it made an opening for lots of feelings to bubble out - feelings that I was trying to ignore, pretend had gone away, that I didn't want to acknowledge consciously. Now if something triggers me, I try to just let the feelings come...and then go. Feelings are just feelings. They are not actions, and we don't need to "act on them." The darker feelings just feel bad while they're visiting.

Sometimes, if I just accept/acknowledge that I'm feeling "triggered" (sad, lonely, angry, etc.), the feelings soon fade and I can move on from them.

I think being triggered emotionally is quite common when we have been trying to keep a lid on our feelings. I hope you're feeling better soon. I'll be thinking of you. :hug: