1. What is suffering? An experience of ongoing physical or mental pain.
2. What is it about suffering that makes you work for its end? Too much of anything is not good, thus it is the ultimate prevention of what the "not good" can lead to that we are really trying to prevent or to end.
3. What is the difference between suffering and fear? Fear is being afraid of what might be, while suffering is an a negative experience of what is.
4. What is it in the absence of what you want that you fear? I don't understand the question. Sorry
5. Why does thought create images? Because nearly every thought we have is based off of an experience and we experience things in the most vivid of manners. Vision creates the most vivid experiences.
Hey Marco! What's up, man! :hug: Hope you're doing well and perhaps enjoying chess!
As for the questions.. I tried answering them! =]
1. Suffering is the undesired experience of pain and hardship.
3. Fear is the state of being afraid of something or someone (singular or plural), whereas suffering is the experience of going through hardships.
4. I don't understand the question.
5. Our thoughts are like painted pictures formed using what we have seen through our own eyes and what we know or assume about life.