Stupid spider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wispiwill

Aww, poor thing seems to be missing a leg. Have you thought about talking to him? Asking him to move? Odd as it may sound, I've done that and it's worked. Of course you have to give them a little time. Ask and then move away so they can move without you watching them. As long as you're watching, they'll stay still most of the time.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Aww, poor thing seems to be missing a leg.
How can you even look at that picture long enough to notice that? 😱

Sorry Phoenix, I'd have to go and find someone to remove it for me and to check the kayak with a magnifying glass in case any of his friends were left behind.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
*hysterical This thread has made me laugh a little too much. My apologies as I know that it's a big deal for a lot of people.
I did hook the hose up he just decided to swim
You do realise that you almost drowned this poor spider? Kudos to it for surviving :D

In all seriousness, if it's still there, it just needs a little nudge with a stick or something like that. Remember, it's more afraid of you than you are of it!

PhoenixLady

*hysterical This thread has made me laugh a little too much. My apologies as I know that it's a big deal for a lot of people.

You do realise that you almost drowned this poor spider? Kudos to it for surviving :D

In all seriousness, if it's still there, it just needs a little nudge with a stick or something like that. Remember, it's more afraid of you than you are of it!
Nope wolf spiders swim unfortunately and they jump
I was just hoping to fill the kayak with enough water so could scoop it out
It’s hiding in the hull now I think

PhoenixLady

Aww, poor thing seems to be missing a leg. Have you thought about talking to him? Asking him to move? Odd as it may sound, I've done that and it's worked. Of course you have to give them a little time. Ask and then move away so they can move without you watching them. As long as you're watching, they'll stay still most of the time.
All 8 legs are there

PhoenixLady

You know reading this thread upset me this morning
I am feeling shamed
I actually LOVE wildlife and try not to harm it
I live right by the river so I deal with plenty of wildlife and plenty of spiders
This is the ONE spider for whatever reason it creeps me out
I left this spider without touching it at all for FIVE days and it never moved I still have NOT touched it except with water
I know wolf spiders can jump and swim so I hoped by putting some water in there I might be able to scoop it out
I have done everything NOT to harm this spider
I could have sprayed something a long time ago BUT I didn’t I was trying to give it time
I really wanted to go kayaking everyday this weekend so I was trying other avenues that didn’t work
Because of certain things that I won’t go into I don’t get to get outside like want to and it frustrated me
Please Do not judge me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00