Stupidity vs Pride

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ashtar, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashtar

ashtar Well-Known Member

The great folly of the depressed is pride. Great amounts of pride. How many of us would rather die than ask for help? How many of us would never admit that we have no control over our feeling, over the blade against our skin, over the strain we put our bodies and soul through? I know for certain that I would rather gauge my own eyes out with a rusty spoon than go to my mother and tell her no success makes me happy and that I am one hell of a depressed girl. Please tell me about how your pride prevents you from healing or if you are the fortunate ones who know when pride becomes fatal.

2. thoso

thoso Member

That might be the case for some but not all depressed people.

I know exactly what it is that has imprisoned me in my depression for the rest of my life and it cannot be changed. So there's really no point in asking someone for help, because my issues cannot be resolved. You mention the 'no control of your feelings' and that certainly rings true in my case.

Add to that, none of the anti depressive meds I've tried sofar has had any effect. Same goes for therapy.

It's true that humans often are to proud to ask for help, but that's not a condition only reserved for depressed people. It happens all the time, everywhere. Me too occasionally before I was hit with depression

3. ashtar

ashtar Well-Known Member

Yep. Pretty much agree with that. Its just that in depression the healing process is fought because of the nature of the illness. A lot of depressed people feel safe in their depression. Its familiar to them and it helps you feel some sort of emotion. So many people with depression think they can do it on their own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.