• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

Stupidly

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
SF Pro
So for the last 3 weeks I’ve been calorie counting to help myself lose weight etc and I told myself I wouldn’t weigh myself for a whole month! But I stupidly weighed myself just now after having a shower. I wish I hadn’t. Being my first few weeks I expected a bigger loss, but 4lbs I don’t see as a huge amount for 3 weeks! I’m so disappointed

Brân

(was Lux)
Admin
SF Supporter
google how much 4lbs of fat actually is and you might feel differently
slow progress is a healthier way of doing it. 3 weeks isn't really that long when you think that most people's journey's take a year if you intend to keep it off.

Dinolaur

SF Pro
google how much 4lbs of fat actually is and you might feel differently
slow progress is a healthier way of doing it. 3 weeks isn't really that long when you think that most people's journey's take a year if you intend to keep it off.
Thanks for taking the time to reply to me lux *hugI just feel deflated. I know 1lb is quite a lot but 4lb for 3 weeks I don’t feel is a lot but I can see what you’re saying. I’ve still got 10 days until my final weigh day so I’ll hopefully feel better then

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Don't feel disappointed. Slow and steady on weight loss is probably the best way since it will get you into a rhythm of actually keeping to the diet. It is a marathon, not a sprint. 4 pounds in 3 weeks is quite good. One of the best things is to weigh every 6 months, in 6 months it will be slightly over 26 pounds and slightly over 52 pounds in a year. When you get into the habit of such a type of loss you may be more likely to not put back on the pounds at some time in the future.

Dinolaur

SF Pro
Don't feel disappointed. Slow and steady on weight loss is probably the best way since it will get you into a rhythm of actually keeping to the diet. It is a marathon, not a sprint. 4 pounds in 3 weeks is quite good. One of the best things is to weigh every 6 months, in 6 months it will be slightly over 26 pounds and slightly over 52 pounds in a year. When you get into the habit of such a type of loss you may be more likely to not put back on the pounds at some time in the future.
Thankyou for your response @KM76710 im not sure I could go 6 months as even just going monthly is hard enough lol. But I’ll weight again on the 12th as planned and see where I’m at. Initially I was disappointed but having time to reflect on it. I don’t think it’s too bad. I absolutely agree with slow and steady, it’s a life style change not a diet

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$256.00
Goal
$255.00