Stuttering Fool

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by NooSenseFantastika, Dec 5, 2007.

1. NooSenseFantastika

NooSenseFantastika Well-Known Member

When I get nervous or when my anxiety acts up i start to stutter really bad, and I don't really always like get embaressed by it, but its frustrating as hell cuz i get out of breath and light headed. Lately ive been stuttering more and more, my anxiety has been acting up for no reason. I want it to stop.
  2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Many people stutter because they are afraid that if they say nothing, they will sound stupid, when the opposite is true. If you don't know what to say, simply say something like, "I need to think about that for a moment", then form the thought clearly in your head and say it. This helps immensely and people will view you as a thoughtful person who isn't just talking to hear themselves speak, which is a good thing.
  3. Hi. I have the same stuttering problem, but mine is ALL THE TIME. and it really gets me down. I have completely stopped raising my hand in class. my heart beats faster and faster when it comes time for the teacher to pick on someone to read from a book.
    i know how you feel. i feel bad about myself all the time.
    when i talk, my own family makes faces at me, squints at me. same with teachers. and my "friends". wait i forgot. i dont have any friends. and they've completely turned on me. when i need her most.. shes not there now.

but I know ur gonna be ok. I might not be ok, but ur definetly gonna be ok.
  4. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I've had a stutter (not linked to anxiety) since I was about 5, it goes through stages but I hear your frustration..

If yours is linked to anxiety, maybe work on the anxiety first. I know when I'm stressed up, I feel exactly like you. What helps me is just thinking, 'forget it, just relax, you're going to look strange for a while but if you push yourself too hard you're going to get into a mess,' or work on controlling your breathing, ie, don't gulp just deep long breaths, and think, the person in front of me just has to get used to it if I stutter now or not! Over the past few years I've given up caring as I don't know when it's going to happen and I'm a lot more fluent than I was when younger.

I carry a little notebook around when I'm too lazy to talk, I hand over little notes.

I hope things get easier for you. You're no fool. :hug:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  5. I dont have a stutter but I get extremely nervous whenever I have to speak in group situations - If I manage to get something coherent out its usually either too quiet to be heard or just plain stupid. Id really like to have the ability to speak confidently even when I know lots of people are looking at me
  6. RichardT

RichardT Member

One of the biggest symptoms of candida and parasite infections is also causes shortness of breathe as the yeast invades the lungs...And it always gets worse in high stress situations! If one has a candida(yeast) problem, a lot of the time it can infect the lungs as well because the whole immune system goes down...And when you get stressed it gets worse, causing shortness of breathe. Dizziness can be from candida and other infections of the ear, and so on....I know I sound crazy but it is all true..Go look up Candida, parasites, heavy metals......Once you cleanse your body of all these things and take a good multi vitamin with digestive enzymes regularly, with liver support, pro biotics and fiber, things will get a lot better.....I used to be borderline schizo, and ever since I started cleansing, supplementing, and cutting out all allergy/intolerant/chemical/additive foods, my symptoms have cleared up greatly! me.. Anyone who has mental illnesses 90% of the time suffer from candida/parasites, heavy metals, allergies, mal-nurishment and so on...Mental illness is not some sort of phantom illness that only affects the brain..It's a health problem....They don't want you to know all this because they make money off of illness....When people realize how easy it is to get healthy and turn things around, the big drug companies would be out of luck...Which is why they don't want you to know these things...Anyway...God Bless
  7. RichardT

RichardT Member

And I am not saying that other cognitive thearapies aren't good. It all helps. I just know that the health asspect of mental illness is absolutely vital to turn things around.....The knowledge of what is in our bodies,food,water,.....the effects of candida/parasties/heavy metals/chemicals/ very very empowering...We can all reach our potential. The body is amazing and can heal anything if it gets the help it needs..