Substances and Psychosis - worsening?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by galalleni, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy All,

I used to only hear voices but after dropping acid, smoking weed, and drinking for sometime I see crazy things that apparently no one else sees.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

(it even happens when I'm not on anything now, then again, I did drop a whole vial that time - surprisingly my brain still functions)

2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Hi mate, I hear voices on and off and have done for about 16 years. I do tend to hallucinate visualy when I am manic. I see disorted faces and and smell strange odours. When I go through this stage, I supplement my existing medications with an extra one called Solian.
    Alchol and drugs doesn't help either but thats a personal choice.

3. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't know about the effects of drugs and alcohol on psychosis but I do know that alcohol makes depression a lot worse, so it's possible that drugs and alcohol could make psychosis worse, this is really a question for a doctor, especially one with training in addictions.

4. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

One time, a few years back, I went to Compton with some asian gang members thinking I would get 3 vials for $100- was gonna be stupid and try to sell it just among my acquaintances, as LA was totally dry in my neck of the woods, and these two huge hispanic dudes jerk us around and finally meet us on a side street. The guy was like, "My name's Danger- You a cop??" I guess a white girl in Compton trying to score is pretty much a red flag. I was stupid and handed the money to him, I got jacked for $300 but at least I didn't get hurt being that stupid. Hahahaha I never did try acid after that experience, just shaded out I guess. I stopped doing hallucinogens almost 3 years ago and all after effects have gone away.

No, but seriously, I've met people who were perma-fried, like with weird tics and slowed cognition, and people who just had permanent flashbacks, I would say depending on how recently you tripped it could easily get better with time. 2 years for significant recovery according to my doctor. If not get an anti psychotic from a doctor saying you occasionally get visual and auditory hallucinations. Having taken that much acid, I bet you have a very open-minded perspective on life, so consider that a good thing, maybe try writing about your experiences. Not to make light of your situation, just trying to make you feel better.

5. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Thanks VALIS - that was actually a helpful post. Already submitted my experience to erowid. My mind is definitely perma-fried - been about two years now that I haven't touched the acid. Still on the benzo's/anti-psychotics/any med that messes with the mind. Time and space seem to be falling apart on me and all I see is what my mind puts there, some real, some not. We'll see how my mind works out on me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.