Such BS

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mikeintx, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

What the fuck?

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Interesting...

4. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

i think that is rediculous, of course without knowing both sides of the story.

what if the kids were wearing the flag to bother others?

either way it just shows how much we need to work on as a country

5. Mikeintx

Wearing the american flag in america to bother others? Sensitive much?

6. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

that is over the top, but as a country we are terrified to offend people, everything gets censored

7. Mikeintx

It is coming to a point that's for sure.

8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Why not? Freedom of expression. tolerence, understanding, on both sides.
    Seriously, even if they were nazi's .. it's their choice to believe that garbage. But as long as they are not hurting anyone, who am I to tell them when and where they can "broadcast" who they choose to be.
    That is a failure of freedom

9. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

exactly, we believe it but if someone tries it everyone gets upset

this allows for exploitation, anyone can say something offends them and they can get out of doing almost anything

10. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

What a crock of shit!!!!

They are just clothes and they are in America,if they are gunna be that sensitive they should go do it in another place....wtf....

11. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

There's always going to be people who will abuse those situations where tolerence is needed at its most. I personally won't feed it, but i am unsure what the best way to deal with situations like this one with people such as the vice principle/principle. I don't know the whole situation but as far as that report goes did a single person who celebrated that holiday do anything rash?
    funny how we so know that fear is the worst thing to play into, and yet we consistantly do it. :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
  12. Mikeintx

I am sure it plays into SB 1070 that just went into effect in AZ.

13. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I just call things how I see it and dont try and make things over complicated and for me that was just a case of an American guy going to an American school in American clothing(which he probably wears for school at other times too) and the result was him being called disrespectful.

I just cant get over why people are like this,infact I dont even wanna try and understand it.The frikkin world has gone mad.....no wonder people are driven to thoughts of suicide if this is the future lol...itl only get worse!

14. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I agree totally, that's how I look at it too. In this case though, instantly if he wears a american flag on this day he is doing it to spark contraversy, so instantly he's being defined and basically told by someone else what his intentions are. Then being forced into a situation that didn't need to be created, and was only created because of peoples fears.
    And now we're talking about it :S Even if they went there to make a bit of a stir.. so what.

I heard something about this, I think it was a comparison to this law and a dictatorship. Ill take a peak at it.

15. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Visit Sweden, it's 100 times worse here. Not kidding...

16. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

That is total Bs, if you lot are not careful you will end up like us here in the UK, where true British citizens have to bow to the wants of all the foreigners. we have no culture left, nothing that we as a nation were once proud of. Just a system that is being systematically raped by all and the government that not only let them, but invite them in !!!!!!!!!!!!

all out of 'political correctness' you understand

17. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

18. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Most of you are ignoring that schools tend to be overprotective; this is not indicative of the country as a whole. It's a place of learning first and foremost. Anything that disrupts or could disrupt that is very much out of place... It was a clear overreaction in this case but free speech is for the street, not the classroom.

19. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

No one bitches about Israeli flags and clothing, gear, etc. on Independence Day/Fourth of July. These fucking people need to go in a ditch and eat shit. Let the kids wear what they want for goodness sakes. Stop teaching intolerance!

20. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

depends if it's a public or private school. public schools aren't supposed to be able to do this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.