sudden change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florence

Antiquities Friend
Ok,
So how does it happen that you can go from feling stable, down but stable, to shaking, despair, hopeless in the space of a phonecall - and all that was was a friend coming round to see me? WTF?
I was feeling today will be OK now I just want it to end.
I don't understand.
Do I just fool myself that things feel OK - Is it because I will have to pretend all is OK for my friend?
Confusion reigns....
Just had time to reach out..

solutions

Some of us just have temperaments like that. We're predisposed to ultra-quick mood swings. By itself, it's not a pathology, it's just moodiness.

The only thing I think it's listed as a symptom of is BPD. But, again, it's more of a trait than an illness.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
emotions do surface after feeling happy we can feel down Lot of things can for no reason make us feel sad. The thing to do is talk about it okay what has made you feel down what triggered it. i hope you feel better soon.:hugtackles:

Forgotten_Man

So I have a similar problem with my friend / roommate. He is a cool guy and I do like him. However, depending on what we are doing his attitude drives me into a depression. For instance if I want to go to an anime convention. I pray he does not remember the convention is coming up. He just carries this aura around him in some situations. That depresses me because my aura is outshined by his and we are alienated. Plus he is whiny and a quitter. It drives me up the wall. I enjoy hanging out and shopping with him or playing video games... however there are things that I hate doing with him.

Just because the person is your friend does not mean their influence is going to be positive. Another thing to consider is your mood before this friend called. You were down, maybe it was taking a lot of strength to keep yourself stable. The call shook some of that free and broke the dam.

I am sure you will feel better in the company of your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00