Sudden mind change. Anyone experienced this?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Michaels_, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaels_

Michaels_ Member

So when I am feeling my usual bad self with no enthusiasm and no drive in me and feeling useless etc I find if I suddenly open an educational book and read some my mind psychology instantly changes. I find I am suddenly in a new mind "dimension" where all of a sudden I am learning and making an effort its like the pychological differences are huge in an instant where one minute I am useless and alone next minute I am learning and trying to make something of myself which gives me a clearer mind and more focus and drive. Obviously the main thing is to keep at it which I will but I am just wondering why the sudden psychological changes? when I think about my problems when I am learning they don't seem as intense and its like because I am trying to learn something productive and am not on chat or gaming online or watching TV, I am being productive therefore changing my psychological state. Even if I feel I won't get far in my education in the subject that I am reading on I still have the drive and clearer outlook strangely.

Has anyone else experienced this type of "phenomena" for lack of a better word.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

when one starts to understand more or take in more knowledge then there is more hope i believe within ourselves

3. AnonJ

AnonJ New Member

I remember someone famous - can't remember who- saying there are 2 ways in which we can change our lives: running and reading.

running teaches you not to give up.

Reading because there is no problem you can have that someone hasn't previously had, solved, and wrote about it in a book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.