1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden mind change. Anyone experienced this?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Michaels_, Aug 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaels_

Michaels_ Member

So when I am feeling my usual bad self with no enthusiasm and no drive in me and feeling useless etc I find if I suddenly open an educational book and read some my mind psychology instantly changes. I find I am suddenly in a new mind "dimension" where all of a sudden I am learning and making an effort its like the pychological differences are huge in an instant where one minute I am useless and alone next minute I am learning and trying to make something of myself which gives me a clearer mind and more focus and drive. Obviously the main thing is to keep at it which I will but I am just wondering why the sudden psychological changes? when I think about my problems when I am learning they don't seem as intense and its like because I am trying to learn something productive and am not on chat or gaming online or watching TV, I am being productive therefore changing my psychological state. Even if I feel I won't get far in my education in the subject that I am reading on I still have the drive and clearer outlook strangely.

Has anyone else experienced this type of "phenomena" for lack of a better word.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

when one starts to understand more or take in more knowledge then there is more hope i believe within ourselves

3. AnonJ

AnonJ New Member

I remember someone famous - can't remember who- saying there are 2 ways in which we can change our lives: running and reading.

running teaches you not to give up.

Reading because there is no problem you can have that someone hasn't previously had, solved, and wrote about it in a book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.