sudden spikes in depression

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lachrymose27, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

anyone ever get a sudden urge to kill themselves? its like a soundwave.. unpredictable... highs and lows, and the crest is the breaking point.

2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi lachrymose27,

I have at times in the past too. :hugtackles:

You are definitely not alone in having experiences like these, especially in a place like SF.

Best regards,

Alex

3. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

yeah. i know what you're talking about. i describe this as a roller coaster, but i like the soundwave thing cuz that is more unpredictable than a roller coaster.

anyways, i hope you have some coping method for those crests. find something as a distraction. come visit us!

hope you have a good day!!!

4. D-503

D-503 Member

If you get short bursts of these thoughts, they can be more easily dealt with, just affect your environment. Do something to cheer you up, whether it's happy music, going outside, watching something funny. I always think, the length of time a thought is in your head, that's the same length of time of not thinking about it that will be required for you to forget it.

And don't feel bad to treat yourself. This is something I only learned in the last month or so. If you feel depressed, don't try and push through that essay/work project, take a break and enjoy yourself, it's better than letting the depression continue.

5. bipolarjoe

bipolarjoe Active Member

It happens to me almost daily. I can feel great in the morning and in the evening my whole world crashes in, or visa versa. You are not alone.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.