• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Ideas & Opinions Suffering EQUALLY

Winslow

Antiquitie's Friend
SF Supporter
At first glance, you might think that my question is an Irrational question. But think about it because>> Even some lottery-winners have been known to commit suicide. And also even good-looking people have been known to commit suicide. And even some Millionaires have been known to commit suicide. So doesn't it all even out in the long run?

I remember that question was once asked of Marilyn vos Savant who you might know has a genius IQ. She gave an answer but I cannot recall what it was. I've been trying to find that answer online but cannot. So if someone can find it, I would appreciate. Also what do you all think of the point made? That is, doesn't everybody suffer equally?

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
erm, no. I don't think everyone suffers equally at all. There are different situations and different people feel the same situation differently. For example, I've been raped and frankly don't give one fuck about that while someone else who was raped is still feeling the effects of that decades later. People are just entirely too different to think we're all "the same" anything in this life.

Holding my breath

erm, no. I don't think everyone suffers equally at all. There are different situations and different people feel the same situation differently. For example, I've been raped and frankly don't give one fuck about that while someone else who was raped is still feeling the effects of that decades later. People are just entirely too different to think we're all "the same" anything in this life.
*hug

Innocent Forever

Still innocent!
SF Supporter
At first glance, you might think that my question is an Irrational question. But think about it because>> Even some lottery-winners have been known to commit suicide. And also even good-looking people have been known to commit suicide. And even some Millionaires have been known to commit suicide. So doesn't it all even out in the long run?

I remember that question was once asked of Marilyn vos Savant who you might know has a genius IQ. She gave an answer but I cannot recall what it was. I've been trying to find that answer online but cannot. So if someone can find it, I would appreciate. Also what do you all think of the point made? That is, doesn't everybody suffer equally?
Suffering isn't defined by externals. The good looking person may have been told their entire life they look horrible and think they're ugly and despise themselves, whilst the average or ugly person has been brought up with so much love and knows they are perfect and doesn't care a twopence whether they are objectively handsome or not.

The millionaire who is lonely and bored and looked down upon may see no choice out of his pain but to end it, whereas the poor guy living with his wife in a shack may be blissfully happy.

Externals don't define anything. Suffering isn't caused by the external. That's why people say laughter therapy, affirmations, gratitude, helps. Because it's the internal.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00