Suffering

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kelsey, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Kelsey

Kelsey Well-Known Member

I am so terribly sorry I cant make anyone's suffering go away, and Im sorry to know Im not the only one that feels this way. It's that helpless feeling you get when all you want to do is help the ones that you love. If nothing else works for ya'll know you are loved.

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Kelsey. All you can do is do your best and hope for the best. You really can't take away someone else's suffering. All you can do is be a good friend and be there for the person. :hug:

3. Kelsey

Kelsey Well-Known Member

Like sometimes it is not enough. Anyone who knows me, knows all I want to do is help. I will help in any way to aliviate someone elses suffering. When my friends hurt I hurt for them. I want everyone to have that one day of complete and utter freedom from their demons. If I could make it happen I would.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

pretty much. i think most often what people need most is just someone to listen and say i understand :hug:

5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Kelsey no one expects you to eliminate their suffering hun. Impossible!!! But you do what you can so beautifully. You are a friend to all those that need one and you never turn away. You stick it out through thick and thin. Very few people possess such qualities and can say that they really care. Please dont beat yourself up over the things that you or anybody cant do, but be proud of the things you do day after day for all your friends.

6. Kelsey

Kelsey Well-Known Member

Im not so sure that I worded this correctly, but that is my mistake. It sounded different when it was just a thought. Thank you three for your insight it is always welcome.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Are you an 'empath' Kelsey? I think an empath is someone who can literally 'feel' the suffering of others. It's hard to live like that though.

8. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know from personal experience, you do in your own way make my suffering a little more bearable. Thank you sweetie. Couldnt ask for anything more.

9. Kelsey

Kelsey Well-Known Member

To answer you Dave, no not an empath not even close. I guess what I meant is it breaks my heart when the people I love are hurting and I cant make it go away. Thanks you two yall are kind.

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You're welcome Kelsey. You are a kind and caring person too. :hug: