Suggest some music

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by anyth, Sep 19, 2016.

1. anyth

anyth Member

Hi everyone
    I was wondering if you could recommend some artists /bands/albums/songs with themes of depression/suicidal thoughts.I feel I need to find something to relate and at this moment depression and negative thoughts are all I have.

I`ll appreciate if you suggest something.
    Thank you for your attention.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Try this one called ''little do you know''
    anyth likes this.
  3. anyth

anyth Member

Thank you,there were some lines I could really feel.
    And Alex&Sierra ,I have completely forgotten them,don`t even remember how long ago I used to watch their performances.
  4. Petal

Glad you liked it hun, here's another one...a sad one..

5. anyth

anyth Member

you reinvented that song for me,i listened to this a lot years ago,but the lyrics didn`t hit me back then
    Those songs are sad but have a positive side to them,"there is help,pain will end" just what this forum is about.they are soothing and I enjoy listening, but I am looking more for some affirmation.I want to find something which focuses just on pain and doesn`t talk about healing.I am not too sure if that kind of recommendations are welcomed here.
  6. Petal

Yeah we are pro life of course but songs about miseries and depression and other mental illnesses are allowed as long as they are not pro suicide or encouraging suicide or promoting self harm in any way, i'm glad you enjoyed listening to the songs I posted :)
  7. Petal

One more for you :)

8. anyth

anyth Member

Yes,songs about depression,mental illnesses,death,suicide but no promoting.It will be great if someone suggests things focusing on this themes.
  9. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Try this music.

Hang Massive. Danny Cudd.
  10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Listen to album. Hang Massive -Danny Cudd

11. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Obviously due to the nature of the site there is a lot of songs I can't post because they mention methods or have a lot of profanity, but there are some that I have you could listen to. The further down I get the more I am pushing it for what you are asking. I have put in a paragraph break so you know where. The songs don't sound as "sad" but still deal with the themes you asked about.

My Immortal by Evanescence - The band deals with a lot of topics that are similar. If you want to hear real pain in a song you should try "Lithium".
    True Colors by Cyndi Lauper - This song deals with sadness and depression.
    Mockingbird by Eminem - Rap song. Profanity near the end.
    How to Save a Life by The Fray - The song is about the singer's attempt to help a a teen musician troubled by drugs, self-harm and other issues. Ultimately, the attempts by himself and others failed as they did not know how. The band has similar songs.
    I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders - There is a cover version by Carrie Underwood which I quite like too.
    Angels by Within Temptation - Symphonic metal song about a break-up and the pain it has caused.
    Everybody Hurts by R.E.M.
    Fix You by Coldplay
    - You might also like "Yellow" and "The Scientist".
    The Tracks of My Tears by Smokey Robinson & the Miracles - This song is about a man who has gone through a break-up and is masking his depression and true feelings behind a smile. He's pretty good at it too.

Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd - The subject matter is debated as either being about drugs, or as the writer claims how he felt when sick with a fever as a child. Regardless, the lyrics deal with being in pain and feeling down. You may be able to relate.
    Don't Cry by Guns n' Roses
    Mad World by Gary Jules
    - Depression.
    You Could be Happy by Snow Patrol
    Beautiful by Christina Aguilera
    U-Turn (Lili) by AaRON
    Loneliness by Tomcraft
    - House song
    Unknown_111 and Petal like this.
  12. Niantiel

Niantiel Active Member

13. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

Blue October is great for this kind of stuff. Especially their older albums. (Their most recent albums are far more positive in tone.) Here is a song about suicide from their first album, in case you don't know it. I found it very powerful and used it to help confide in my mother about my depressed feelings and suicidal thoughts when I was 12.

14. anyth

anyth Member

Thank you everyone.
    It`s so nice to have things to do and to want to do
  15. lillium

lillium Active Member

most of Elliott Smith's music