Suggestion*

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandleLight

Last night when I first signed up for this forum, I was unable to post. I looked everywhere but did not find anything that said I had to wait for approval before I could post.

I know that's kind of a standard thing (having to be approved before posting to a forum), but folks coming here for the first time will almost certainly feel very sensitive and possibly hopeless.

So please put something on the "sign up" page to tell people to try to hang in there a little longer, they didn't register wrong or do something bad to be unable to write posts right away.

Luckily I saw my "approved" email a day later. So please, help out the newbies! :)

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Thanks Candlelight, and I agree completely with you that it is needed. I will attempt to find out how to add that into the automated sign on screens. Typically the delay is much shorter than you experienced, not more than a hour or two, but even that is stressful in the state that many are in when they do sign up, and do to just vagrancies of life schedules it does happen on rare occasion where is hours or half a day before members get reviewed. In a perfect world we could let people just post , but past attempts at that have proven a bad idea, as sadly there are too many trolls and spammers in the internet world.

Thank you for joining SF and for your suggestion. :)

- Ben

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
Wow, thanks so much for your suggestion. I didn't realize there was no message alerting new members that they had to wait for activation. Hopefully it's something we can implement, because you're right... that's got to be extremely frustrating for anyone registering and needing immediate support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00