Suggestion!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by aoeu, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Diagnosis: bipolar disorder, social anxiety

Add that to the thing with the username and avatar! We're all crazy, let's all see who's what kind of crazy!

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

As long as people who actually have a diagnosis only fill in that section, not just what they think they have.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

You know, I've never been diagnosed with social anxiety and the bipolar diagnosis is tentative.

I don't feel a need to get a professional to suggest I'm anxious around people, nor to confirm the bipolar thing now that we have more proof.

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

good idea

i wish more people would go and get an official diagnosis. there are so many people here suffering with depression, also bipolar i suspect (many of those "treatment resistant" depression posts).... the rape/abuse forum is full of ptsd folks.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've been saying this for a while, you're the first person to ever agree, especially about the TRD thing. :p But yeah, I expect a LOT of people here are actually bipolar. I recently suggested that someone had bipolar and I don't know whether she already knows that and felt conditionally stupid for it, hence this thread >_<

6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

So maybe not things like social anxiety but definitely Bipolar, borderline etc.

I was also labelled with treatment resistant depression...until i responded to a medication.

Not to mention how many people here say their depression is treatment resistant after they give up treating their depression after a few tries with meds etc and then make statements like 'nothing works for me'.

7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

well from my own experience, i was diagnosed as bipolar at 18. didn't agree with teh diagnosis and got no treatment for many years, had depressions and manias...and muddled through. fast forward, depression again and suicide attempt at 42, diagnosis of depression. went on anti depressants that made me insanely manic. then, finally, a diagnosis of bipolar. again. finally they got it right. or probably, i shoudl say, i listened....

on mood stabilizers for almost three years now and doing much better. much, much, better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.