Suicidal and bored of life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Morbituarty, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morbituarty

Morbituarty Well-Known Member

I'm bored with the internet,computer games,youtube,everyday I switch on and off the computer countless times,I'm bored with TV,there are only 4 sad channels I can choose from in this country,I'm bored with music,movies,cooking,radio...,don't have friends and got no one to talk to.I'm bored with myself and this life,don't know what to do to pass the time coz I don't enjoy what I used to do anymore and I'm a very boring person too!I live in the countryside and there's not much to do here,I know what I need to buy to end it all,it will be a miracle if I survive it and miracles never happen.
  2. Vivek85

Vivek85 Active Member

Boredom is troublesome.

It seems like most of what you discussed deals with entertainment. Boredom can be immobilizing, but you've got to trust me: it's not a reason to kill yourself.

What goals do you have for yourself?

Consider actively looking for things you want to learn about.

I've realized that one of life's greatest joys is the pursuit of learning for the sake of self-betterment, and for the sake of improving other people's lives.

I'm not immune to depression, but there's a deeper desire to help people which triumphs over my sometimes apparent desire to end my own life. Consider adopting the same value for yourself: not only is it great fun to improve the lives of others, but it increasingly prevents you from seeing yourself as boring or worthless or needlessly selfish or pitiable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.