• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

Suicidal-characters from Movies and TV shows

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Sometimes characters in movies or TV shows can help us in our real life. In our case, it can hopefully help us to endure our suicidality and enable us to survive. Can you name any such characters that helped you to survive?
At the moment, I remember one which specifically had the protagonist suicidally want to die. It was the character of Barnabas Collins from the TV series, Dark Shadows. He was a vampire but not an evil one at all. Instead it was a curse put upon him by a witch Angelique. So Barnabas hated his vampirism as it caused him so much anguish. Especially I remember one scene with the Collins mausoleum-curator where he begged the curator to kill him. In other words, he was begging for euthanasia, a mercy-killing. But the curator could not kill him. Very disturbing scene.

Despite scenes such as those, Barnabas managed to keep on living. Because he always held some hope (although very slim) that a cure could be found.
So I was wondering if any of you know of any other such characters who are suicidal and yet manage to endure and survive.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Sometimes characters in movies or TV shows can help us in our real life. In our case, it can hopefully help us to endure our suicidality and enable us to survive. Can you name any such characters that helped you to survive?
At the moment, I remember one which specifically had the protagonist suicidally want to die. It was the character of Barnabas Collins from the TV series, Dark Shadows. He was a vampire but not an evil one at all. Instead it was a curse put upon him by a witch Angelique. So Barnabas hated his vampirism as it caused him so much anguish. Especially I remember one scene with the Collins mausoleum-curator where he begged the curator to kill him. In other words, he was begging for euthanasia, a mercy-killing. But the curator could not kill him. Very disturbing scene.

Despite scenes such as those, Barnabas managed to keep on living. Because he always held some hope (although very slim) that a cure could be found.
So I was wondering if any of you know of any other such characters who are suicidal and yet manage to endure and survive.
It's pretty rare for a suicidal character to be featured on screen. Suicide is a heavy and serious issue that people tend to avoid mentioning, both production teams and their audiences.

13 Reasons Why features a suicide survivor, Alex Standall. It's pretty fictional that he survived one of the most certain and typical method of suicide.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00