Suicidal fantasies coming back

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Anonanon, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonanon

Anonanon New Member

I just wanted to ask peoples' opinion-
    I have been off antidepressants (fluoxetine) for a while and in the last couple months it has been better.
    I just wanted to check, is it a known symptom that suicidal thoughts become more frequent?
    I dont' feel like acting on them, but they are there stronger than ever. I won't, but they are there. it scares me.

Thanks, sorry if I didn't do this right.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Not always hun but sometime the thought gets fixated into ones mind and if you have OCD tendancy it is hard to get rid of that thought I do hope you can talk to your doctor ok see what can be done to help your replace that thought with another one a thought that will help you hugs
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Anon and welcome to the forum. Especially on Fluoxetine there is a risk of suicidal behaviour or thoughts, my consultant told me this when he started me on it. I did not feel any better so I didn't stay on it long. And also, if you read the leaflet that comes with the medicine you will find that it can be a 'side effect' especially in younger people or when starting on it or changing doses. I would definitely bring this up with your prescriber. Good luck. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.