suicidal for 6 months.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by run4fun, Jun 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. run4fun

run4fun Well-Known Member

having lived under my parent's rule for 37 years, i don't ever want to have children. never will. they don't want me to leave them or find another job. it's kinda strange that i tell myself to appreciate life, but i feel like suicide.

2. run4fun

sometimes i feel like i'm being conned by my own parents. is this common?

3. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Well hun,i understand you too well. even so i havent lived with my parents they support me financially, being 35 myself. You do feel controlled and think you never can break free, but you must try. Dunno if youve a job, so you could look for an apartment. Good luck hun, i know its hard :hug:
    Beret

4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Depends...some parents need you to be dependent on them so they can feel like they're doing a good job...strange. All I can advise is for you to make your own money, find your own place and try to incorporate them into your new lifestyle. If you don't want kids...well, you don't want kids! It's not a big deal. More and more people are going that route these days. But try to live your own life and do what makes YOU happy. Ultimately, that is what will determine your particular destiny. The bottom line I think is to not let them decide how your life will turn out.

If they are unhappy with their lives and the way they have lived their lives, well, that is sad, but NOT your responsibility. They can't (and SHOULDN'T) live through you.

Dream your own dreams...be who YOU want to be.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  5. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

repost :) sorry

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  6. run4fun

i can't imagine life without my parent's approval. i might just kill myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.