Suicidal forever

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by reefer madness, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Haven't been around in a long while, so I guess that means I've been doing better. Until today. Nothing really triggered me, I'm just very much down right now and don't know how much longer I can keep myself going. Even when I was doing well I would still think about suicide. A long time ago I accepted suicide as a viable option and now the thoughts are always with me. Even when I'm in my bastardized version of a good mood. I don't know how to get passed it. Suicide is always going to be my plan B. The thoughts will never leave and I don't know how I'm going to be able to fight them off for the next 40 years.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I suggest you take one day at a time, not the next 40 as that would be overwhelming to anyone...with your change in mood, have you spoken to your MD or such to say how you are doing? Maybe that would be helpful...big hugs, J
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

a lotof us hold on to that plan b it is just an intrusive thought thats all a thought that one can get rid of by telling it just that. Oh that thought is back again ill just ignore it and move on. Therapy for intrusive thoughts does help get a good therapist one with skills that can help change this thought okay. It is just a thought that it that is almost an obsessive thought so acknowledge it as that and move on okay.
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I agree with violet...:hug:
  5. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

6. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

7. summerschild

summerschild Well-Known Member

I understand wanting a plan b. An escape route. But can we change that to being plan c or even d? Then create a new plan b. I know it's hard as I find it hard to do myself. Moving it to c was hard and even now I find it hard. Talking does help. I'm here if you want to talk. :)
  8. bono

bono Well-Known Member

I like keeping plan B around. Its comforting to know that if life ever gets to stressful or hard. I can just hit the escape over. Its why I avoid forming relationships and anything else than hindes the ability to easily inact plan B. Clinging to Plan B does trap you in a sad + lonely cycle.
  9. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I think that for many of us, the thought will always be there. There is very little we can do about it. Something that happened to me was I buried the thought under happiness.

Yup, I found something that made me happy, well someone. Then for almost 3 years I went without one suicidal thought. However, now that her heart has been given to another the thoughts are back. However, there was a point in time where the thoughts were not there. I want them to go away, so I am trying to make them go away again. Even if I am only burying them under a pile of other feelings and thoughts.

You just need to keep hope in your heart. You need to search for that thing or person that will make you happy. I know it is hypocritical of me to say it right now. However, it can happen, but it will require work and time. Believe you can beat these thoughts and you will.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.