Suicidal friend.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Gergin, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gergin

Gergin Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,
    I need some help. I'm not very good at giving advice but one of my friends have reached out to me and told me that she is suicidal. I love her very much and I'm very afraid for her. I don't know what to say to Make her feel better. I don't know what to do. I'm not going to tell her everything is going to be okay cause I know what she is going through. I've told her that I feel that way too and I'm here for her if she needs to talk but I don't know what to say to her after that.

2. Gergin

Gergin Well-Known Member

She also says that she just feels that way. Nothing bad happening her life. She just feels lonely and depressed.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Gergin, your friend is very lucky to have you in her life and someone that cares so much, if I found myself in that situation I would encourage her strongly to seek medical help or the help of a therapist. Be there for each other and talk all your issues out, make sure she knows she can trust you and tell her if the thoughts persist to see someone, that's the best thing you can do and I am glad she was able to open up to you, you must be a special friend :)

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I can only repeat every word Petal said.

Be there for her, like you already are. Advice her to get help and don't be afraid to talk to her about her issues, she needs someone to trust. It's so important to have someone to talk to.

But also, remember to take care of yourself while helping her.

fosty likes this.
  5. Gergin

Gergin Well-Known Member

Thank you for the advice. She is currently on medication and seeing a therapist. But she doesn't feel like they are helping. She feels very lonely and empty. Nothing is bringing those feelings on. She just feels that way. I told her to tell her therapist that the meds aren't working and try to see if they can up the dosage. She is very against that for some reason. I wish I can show her how beautiful and amazing she is.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Aww, I really feel for her. Maybe SF could be of help to her if you are running out of options?
    She also needs to let her doctor know that the meds are not helping and she might be in the wrong kind of therapy, maybe all just needs a little tweaking. I really do hope she will be okay and you as a friend I am sure she will :)

fosty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.