Suicidal Gestures

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Forgotten_Man, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Recently I have noticed that at work I have been making suicidal gestures. Primarily in the form of making a gun with my hand and making a shooting gesture at my head. There are times when that is all I do at my desk. I sit there and pretend to shoot myself.

Is this a bad sign? Am I making a cry for help?

2. Kohdii

Kohdii Member

That is a subconsious sign for help I think. I do the same thing, I realize that when people ask "what are you going to do if..." I generally say "Kill myself" or "blow my brains out" jokingly but not really. Its something thats in the back of our mind constantly so it creeps into our outward signals without us realizing.

3. Forgotten_Man

Yeah no one seems to care that I am doing it which is discouraging.

4. carekitty

carekitty Guest

I've done that myself at times, don't know why......

Don't be discouraged that people don't seem to care about what you are doing. I've seen that type of gesture done many times on TV or in comedy skits, so I think that most people would just assume you are kidding around.

5. Forgotten_Man

Yeah... I just feel it is the only way I can cry for help sometimes. I want people to notice... well... some people. However, society has blocked this form of crying for help as well.

6. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

All it is is a way to relieve stress or let out some emotion. No big deal, I do things like this too sometimes but not so that people can see it.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't do that but I have a knife collection and I am always handling them andLightly crossing my skin with them.. I'm just afraid one day I will cut deep..

8. Forgotten_Man

I know I recklessly handle knives from time This time when I am cooking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.