Suicidal images

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by miss sixty, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss sixty

miss sixty Active Member

Don't know why i post this but i sometimes think of suicidal images won't say what cos don't know if allowed to on i weird to think these things i think so cos i am happy mostly got a working holiday to look forward to, last year lost my job and my gran whole year was worst of my life..:cry:
  2. miss sixty

miss sixty Active Member

should not have posted one is replying..i wonder why???:unsure::confused:
  3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Hey there..

Often it takes a bit of time for some posts to get replied to, but a reply will normally wing it's way to your thread eventually!
    I think that it's not weird to think of suicide images etc .. I think many people have got a 'morbid fascination' with some things - I know I have when it comes to some things!

You say you're happy, but you lost your gran and job last year ... how d'you feel about them, at the moment?
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

things don't move very fast here, you'll notice that when you've been around a bit...

anyhow, about your post, i'm not really sure what you meant, but i can take a guess? maybe you mean do we imagine ourselves killing ourselves or picturing ourselves dead? if so, i can answer yes, often. i picture myself drowning when i walk along the river. i go over a bridge and i imagine jumping, or past a tree and see myself hanging.

these images are less and less the better i am getting, but they still frighten me

5. miss sixty

miss sixty Active Member

thanks guys, dont care about my job but still get sad over my gran

Yeah those sorta images mine general slashing my wrists:hiding:
  6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

sorry to hear about your gran. i lost my mom about 1 1/2 years ago and i'm still grieving. it's hard. i really miss her.

sometimes visualizing keeps me from trying, i think, but mostly it's just a red flag to me, a flag that says "hey.... gotta take care of some emotional stuff... what are you feeling right now..." when i was most depressed i thought of harming myself 24/7 ... that's why i slept so much, i just wanted the images to stop.

having professional supports really helps. i can feel this way but i am learning i don't have to act on my feelings. i'm also learning to untangle feeling from fact.... i may not be the total fuck-up i imagine myself to be.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.