Suicidal people and accidents

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ih8u, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ih8u

ih8u Active Member

Everyday many many people die. You read about it on the news about this and this freak accident or that accident. It seems like walking out that door can get you killed or crossing that street, sitting in that cafe, going to that mall, that plane, that train, that street. Anything.

I'm just wondering how many suicidal people just walk down a street like say, to get milk, and accidentally get killed? Of course, the family probably wouldn't report the fact that so and so that died was suicidal, but still, I wonder. Since it seems those who so desperately want to die the most seem not to die while those who are full of life and eager to live just die out of nowhere or get some fatal disease.

What about the suicidal people? Is it because we don't go out enough and encounter the dangers? But even so, it seems those that are suicidal still go out and do things. I guess what I'm saying don't really make sense exactly, but I hope you guys somewhat get the gist of what I'm questioning.
  2. neutral

neutral Well-Known Member

That is an interesting point.

If someone was accidentally killed by some natural event like lightening then the actual death is not suicidal even though the person was.

If someone did something on purpose then its suicidal.

I'm not sure I fully understand your post.
  3. ih8u

ih8u Active Member

I guess I'm just questioning why it's so hard for those that want to die to die while those that want to live and have something to live for die so easily.
  4. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

That's something I ask myself a lot. It doesn't seem fair that people who love life and have so much to live for die from an illness like cancer or in a car accident, whilst people who want nothing more than to die end up surviving countless amounts of attempts. I could kill myself right now if I wanted to but for some reason I only want to die with an overdose (i'd take cyanide if I could). I guess i'm not one for the violent ways.. although i'd jump from a cliff. Sorry for going off topic.
  5. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

you're unlikely to get a correct answer to that one I'm afraid, that's one of life's mysteries. Do you feel guilty because of this?
  6. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

Because there is a force out there, larger than us, that we cannot see. :blink:

That was cheesy. :dry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.