Suicidal people see things very clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
You're right, I don't know that for sure. I believe he could have do all those things, but I have no way of knowing for sure. I honestly don't know you well enough to know what you have to offer. I'm not about to blow you some smoke, because you clearly are not the kind of person who wants that kind of support. You don't seem so dumb to me. Smarts are measured in various ways, you might not have book smarts (I don't know), but you sure seem be able to follow logic.

Looks are hard one. Not everyone is into looks, some people are and that's just the truth. I couldn't care less what a person physically looks like. I'm more interested in if I can hold a conversation with that person. If that person can understand me and put up with my nonsense. It's more a personality thing for me. That's not the case for everyone though.

So I didn't really answer your question. I don't know you well enough. I do know enough to know that you don't take BS well and I'm not about to feed you some.

No book smarts? I'm college educated. Yes, universities are nothing more than indoctrination camps but what made you think I was a retard? I really would like to know. Perhaps you're a physicist and you can give me a more methodical and scientific approach to my current dilemma.

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
so now you're calling me an illogical twat? When no one wants what you have to offer you might as well have nothing to offer. Too sophisticated for you? I'll be less ambiguous in the future. If there is one.
I think May was just trying to highlight one of the ways that depression can distort our perceptions, to make us believe contradictory narratives. It's something that happens to a lot of people with depression, it doesn't make any of them illogical twats, just people dealing with a mood disorder. *dunno2
Your explanatory response does show how those statements could remain consistent though, although others may argue that having something to offer means having a hope that things could be better if given a chance to show it.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
I think May was just trying to highlight one of the ways that depression can distort our perceptions, to make us believe contradictory narratives. It's something that happens to a lot of people with depression, it doesn't make any of them illogical twats, just people dealing with a mood disorder. *dunno2
Your explanatory response does show how those statements could remain consistent though, although others may argue that having something to offer means having a hope that things could be better if given a chance to show it.
Please do tell me the contradiction I've knotted myself up in.

Lisa the Goatgirl

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
No book smarts? I'm college educated. Yes, universities are nothing more than indoctrination camps but what made you think I was a r****d? I really would like to know. Perhaps you're a physicist and you can give me a more methodical and scientific approach to my current dilemma.
Nick's point was that there are ways to be smart that aren't strictly academic. So it is possible to not necessarily be academically intelligent without being a...that word. I don;t think he meant to imply that you weren't academically intelligent though, if anything i think he was trying to say he thinks you are smart. *hug10

Lisa the Goatgirl

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Please do tell me the contradiction I've knotted myself up in.
You'll note, i actually said this:
Your explanatory response does show how those statements could remain consistent though
I was actually agreeing that you'd highlighted how those ideas don't contradict each other. Trust me, i'm a firm believer that one can hold two diametrically opposing ideas while remaining internally consistent. :)
I'm just trying to have a frank conversation with you, i promise i'm not aiming for any form of personal attack here. *hug10

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
Nick's point was that there are ways to be smart that aren't strictly academic. So it is possible to not necessarily be academically intelligent without being a...that word. I don;t think he meant to imply that you weren't academically intelligent though, if anything i think he was trying to say he thinks you are smart. *hug10

This is interesting. I notice you seem to reply for one another. Does Nick not have agency and be able to reply to me for himself?

And here's a question: would you put more value on kindness from a young, hot honey/chad than a 40 something with mental issues? I dare anyone of you here to give an honest answer to that.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
No book smarts? I'm college educated. Yes, universities are nothing more than indoctrination camps but what made you think I was a retard? I really would like to know. Perhaps you're a physicist and you can give me a more methodical and scientific approach to my current dilemma.
You said you were dumb, I said smart is more than book smarts and gave an example of how you have already proven to be logical. I even stated I don't know if you have book smarts or not. I have no way of knowing that, because you said was that you are dumb and didn't classify what you meant. I said "you might not have book smarts" as in you may or may not have and then said "I don't know". As in I don't know. I never said anything to indicate you are a retard. Nor did I say anything to indicate that I could read your mind.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
And here's a question: would you put more value on kindness from a young, hot honey/chad than a 40 something with mental issues? I dare anyone of you here to give an honest answer to that.
I could care less what age or what the person looks like kindness is coming from. I will stake my reputation on that. Just as I don't know you. You don't know me, and you are judging me based on your perception. Finding inconceivable that I would be perfectly fine with kindness from anyone. I really truly could give a rats ass about what a person looks like or what their age is.

Lisa the Goatgirl

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
This is interesting. I notice you seem to reply for one another. Does Nick not have agency and be able to reply to me for himself?

No, i'm sure he's perfectly capable of replying for himself. In fact, as you can see he replied while i was responding. :D Just sometimes, when i see a situation like this where both parties sound a bit heated, it's part of my nature to want to try and mediate a bit from a cooler middle ground perspective. That's part of the fun of this site, we're all able to contribute in our own way, within reason. :)

My honest answer would be no, because i genuinely have gotten kindness from people in their 40s or older with their own stuff going on that has stayed with me way more than a lot of things said to me by cute guys my own age. Hell, some of my favourite people on this site have decades on me and i still absolutely adore them more than most of the people my own age i've ever met.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Just sometimes, when i see a situation like this where both parties sound a bit heated, it's part of my nature to want to try and mediate a bit from a cooler middle ground perspective.
Naw I'm cool man. I'm not upset at all. I'm tired and in desperate need of a shower and some dinner, but I'm not upset.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
You said you were dumb, I said smart is more than book smarts and gave an example of how you have already proven to be logical. I even stated I don't know if you have book smarts or not. I have no way of knowing that, because you said was that you are dumb and didn't classify what you meant. I said "you might not have book smarts" as in you may or may not have and then said "I don't know". As in I don't know. I never said anything to indicate you are a retard. Nor did I say anything to indicate that I could read your mind.
Thanks for your reply Nick. Do you think having "book smarts" should make me filled with the joys of life? Yeah well it doesn't. I'm still as dumb as rocks. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise. But I'll be the judge of that, not someone who doesn't know me.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
No, i'm sure he's perfectly capable of replying for himself. In fact, as you can see he replied while i was responding. :D Just sometimes, when i see a situation like this where both parties sound a bit heated, it's part of my nature to want to try and mediate a bit from a cooler middle ground perspective. That's part of the fun of this site, we're all able to contribute in our own way, within reason. :)

My honest answer would be no, because i genuinely have gotten kindness from people in their 40s or older with their own stuff going on that has stayed with me way more than a lot of things said to me by cute guys my own age. Hell, some of my favourite people on this site have decades on me and i still absolutely adore them more than most of the people my own age i've ever met.

That's the most condescending thing I've read here so far. Nice big laughing emojis to boot. Great, laugh at me all you want.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Thanks for your reply Nick. Do you think having "book smarts" should make me filled with the joys of life? Yeah well it doesn't. I'm still as dumb as rocks. There is no evidence to suggest otherwise. But I'll be the judge of that, not someone who doesn't know me.
I never said book smarts meant anything. I have two degrees, and I can tell you it hasn't brought me any joy. All I said was there was more to being smart than book smarts. You seem to have completely misunderstood what I said.

Lisa the Goatgirl

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That's the most condescending thing I've read here so far. Nice big laughing emojis to boot. Great, laugh at me all you want.
Not laughing at you, just laughing at the ironic nature of the cosmos. :)
Sorry if you read my genuine sentiments as condescending though, i was just hoping to try and convey the ethos of this place to someone who seems to have missed it a tad is all.

Dark111

FORMER SF SUPPORTER
I never said book smarts meant anything. I have two degrees, and I can tell you it hasn't brought me any joy. All I said was there was more to being smart than book smarts. You seem to have completely misunderstood what I said.

No I don't think I've misunderstood you at all. You brought up the whole book smarts thing to begin with. But please, tell me what "smarts" I'm lacking. Fat lot of good i can probably do about it but it's always good to learn about the things we lack.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
No I don't think I've misunderstood you at all. You brought up the whole book smarts thing to begin with. But please, tell me what "smarts" I'm lacking. Fat lot of good i can probably do about it but it's always good to learn about the things we lack.
You are clearly trying to start and argument and I'm not taking the bait. You said you were dumb period. I was responding to your comment period. That's the end of.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
You are two degrees up on me. I only have a two year associate degree from a junior college and claim to be sharp as a bowling ball, now street smarts is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00