• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

suicidal scale/what is making you suicidal/what can help

I have very frequent suicidal thoughts because of pain but I learned a coping skill on SF. I have learned how to redirect my thoughts to something positive as soon as the suicidal thoughts hit. and except for serious thoughts it works. it takes time but if you practice you will be able to redirect your thoughts in no time. I hope you feel better soon...mike...*console*hug
Thank you. And can you give some examples of the kind of positive thoughts you might have in my situation? For example if someone insults you and you can't stop thinking about it, how do you counter it?

1964dodge

When a 1965 Dodge just isn't enough
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Thank you. And can you give some examples of the kind of positive thoughts you might have in my situation? For example if someone insults you and you can't stop thinking about it, how do you counter it?
it doesn't matter what the cause of bad thoughts are what matters is what you think of to get rid of those thoughts. for me I think of my family, pets and anything to do with my 64 dodge. it also helps if you watch a good movie or read a good book that draws you in so you forget about those thoughts. actually if you like horror a good horror movie is always great to take your mind off of things or a great comedy or action movie. you have to try different things until you learn what works for you. it takes time and practice but it does help...mike...*hug

it doesn't matter what the cause of bad thoughts are what matters is what you think of to get rid of those thoughts. for me I think of my family, pets and anything to do with my 64 dodge. it also helps if you watch a good movie or read a good book that draws you in so you forget about those thoughts. actually if you like horror a good horror movie is always great to take your mind off of things or a great comedy or action movie. you have to try different things until you learn what works for you. it takes time and practice but it does help...mike...*hug
Thank you, I will try to do that.

1964dodge

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Whatever the number for "nothing matters. I dont matter either. I hate life." is represented by - that's me.
i'm sorry that life is treating you so badly right now. but life does matter and you matter. I hope you can talk to people more on SF and try to be inspired into trying to improve how you feel. even tiny steps forward help...mike....*console*sadhug

Weathernerd12

Ooh, I love this scale that you have come up with; it's an excellent way to describe how one is feeling, especially if they are uncertain of how to precisely describe it. I also like this scale because in my earlier therapy sessions, I used storms and tornadoes (which are rated on a 1-5 scale in my country) as a representation of how my negative thoughts would escalate, so whenever I went through a dark moment, I would give it an EF rating (if the experience resulted in suicidal thoughts taking place), as if it was a literal tornado, rather than a mental state, when discussing it with my therapist.

I think for me, at the moment, I am probably at 1 on your scale. I would say that is because I got through my first week at my new job, so I'm a bit tired today and just want to sleep, but not do anything productive. I also have a tendency to have more negative thoughts when I am not well-rested, so sleeping is a good way to shut them out. I'll probably feel a lot better by Monday though (but I think finding this thread is helping already, since it caused me to nerd out over the one thing that I have always been interested in, even during the worst moments in my life - the weather).

Tana

About 4, but as I haven't made any real attempts so far, didn't seem to be able to go through with it, I doubt I will. At least for now...not sure what I'm waiting for to be honest - nothing? - just too scared to go through with it, I guess...sucks how it's said to be painful, and there's no fast/easy method....I don't think it's "fair" to suffer when you die, especially not since life is a pain. It seems more like a cruel joke.

BlackOpium

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
About 4, but as I haven't made any real attempts so far, didn't seem to be able to go through with it, I doubt I will. At least for now...not sure what I'm waiting for to be honest - nothing? - just too scared to go through with it, I guess...sucks how it's said to be painful, and there's no fast/easy method....I don't think it's "fair" to suffer when you die, especially not since life is a pain. It seems more like a cruel joke.
I'm so sorry you are feeling this way and suffering, do you want to share more, what do you think would help you? *hug

1964dodge

Forum Pro
SF Supporter
i'm sorry that you are at a 4 right now. but as long as you're alive there is a chance things can get better. sometimes we have to struggle through the hard times until we start to feel a little better. try to find some joy, any joy and build on that. it may take a while to improve so please don't give up...mike...*console*sadhug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$195.00
Goal
$255.00