suicidal scale/what is making you suicidal/what can help

Weathernerd12

I am at a 2 at the moment, but was up to a 3 last night. I almost had an accident at work yesterday that could have resulted in someone else getting hurt if the near miss had been a hit instead (nothing bad happened, so that is fortunate), but shortly afterwards, it took almost no time at all to go from a 0 up to a 3.

I hoped that after I had a good night's rest, I would feel better, but I've been at a 2 since I woke up and might be going back up to a 3 again, if not something even higher. I feel like my mental health is caught up in a tornado again, with no signs of ending any time soon.

I think the problem is I am afraid of this same situation happening again, but ending up being even worse next time. I try really hard to be careful, but when I get tired at the end of the day, it's much harder to do that.

1964dodge

when you help others you help yourself
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
I understand the feeling of trying to be extra careful at work. but accidents happen to all of us when we're tied. try not to worry about what might have happened and keep trying to be safe...mike...*hug*shake

Weathernerd12

I understand the feeling of trying to be extra careful at work. but accidents happen to all of us when we're tied. try not to worry about what might have happened and keep trying to be safe...mike...*hug*shake
Well, I wish I could have read this message before I had to go back yesterday, but I didn't get the chance. I didn't have a good day yesterday (because of completely unrelated reasons), but I definitely made it up to a 3 again, almost to 4 honestly. I was thinking about punching out early, leaving, and going through an old plan I had all over again, but someone I was working with could tell I was having a hard time, so he asked about it and tried to help me feel better, which helped.

I'm not quite back down to 0 yet, but obviously those ideas I had never became a reality (I would say I was catastrophizing again), but I am still doing better than I was then.

someone123

I'm only at around a 2 atm, which is good.
Tbh though, a day doesn't pass when I don't either feel nor think it would be "for the best".

But this site is a great distraction, and venting place, with great people, and hopefully, some solution can be found until I really won't be able to take it anymore.

Hope you guys can find a fix as well, or at least find peace with the current situation. I'm free to give advice and all that when asked for etc. ; - Sometimes, it might be easier to see how to solve another's issues than your own?

Hope so...
Anyway though, when I first arrived here, I was really pleasantly surprised, and I don't feel so alone/unwanted anymore, and it can raise my mood up a lot with several things. So, thanks all. <3

Patafikss

Putting such a scale on suicide ideation really makes me realize how variant it can be.
Sometimes it stays at 3 for weeks, but if we're being even more precize we can notice it shifting from time to time. You just had good food and for some reason now it's 2, maybe even 1. Realizing when and why it drops towards 0 can help durably.
Following previous example, maybe preparing good food can extend the duration of this little relief.
Culturing these "safer" spots is really interesting.

Today's value: 0
Week value so far: 0.2
Pretty good.

1964dodge

when you help others you help yourself
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Putting such a scale on suicide ideation really makes me realize how variant it can be.
Sometimes it stays at 3 for weeks, but if we're being even more precize we can notice it shifting from time to time. You just had good food and for some reason now it's 2, maybe even 1. Realizing when and why it drops towards 0 can help durably.
Following previous example, maybe preparing good food can extend the duration of this little relief.
Culturing these "safer" spots is really interesting.

Today's value: 0
Week value so far: 0.2
Pretty good.
that's great I hope it stays low for a long time...mike...*hug

kittykatt

Pretty much a 4.5. And there is no help for me, unless I actually make a serious attempt. I'm just a silly, smug borderline who would never hurt herself. That's what everyone believes. Would go to a hospital if I thought there was any hope of anyone actually listening. Not a chance in hell.
If you contact the police and tell them of your suicidal thoughts, I guarantee that they'll listen to you. (Assuming you are in the US)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00