suicidal scale/what is making you suicidal/what can help

Status
Not open for further replies.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
back down to a 1. I finally got my pain and symptoms from a bug under control. I know things will get better but I still feel bad/suicidal when things get bad. I must be weird I can go from a 1.5 to a 3.5 back down to a 1 all in the same day. maybe i'll be normal someday lol..mike

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
please stay safe!!!! im here if you need me
thank you it's starting to come down. i'd say about a 3 right now i'm sure it'll be 1 or 2 soon. as you know it's usually related to my pain and my pain finally started going down a little. thank you for caring....mike...*hug*shake

Flaxney

Currently I'm at 3. The last few weeks have been excruciating. I'd be fine if I could just connect with someone, but I can't. There isn't really anything left of my personality at this point, just loneliness.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
@Flaxney at least at a 3 you're still safe. I hope you can get even lower in time. human interaction Is important. I know I don't have a lot of friends irl due to trust issues. but I found friends here. some of them are really close, closer than anyone irl. you can make friends here if you want. just keep talking with people and It will happen...mike...*console*hug

this is a simple scale. this way you can measure how suicidal you are. also if you can tell us why you feel suicidal or have low or no suicidal ideation. yes positive is as welcome as negative. also tell us how we can help you. it's only a 0-5 scale so feel free to add a decimal. like if you're between 1 and 2 it can be 1.5 so hopefully this will be a little more clear exactly how suicidal you are.

0 - no suicidal ideation at all

1. mild suicidal ideation , more like a passing thought you can easily distract yourself.

2. average suicidal ideation. it's harder to distract yourself from these thoughts but with effort it can be done. not serious and you're still ok

3. somewhat serious ideation. you can't completely distract yourself from those thoughts but you're still safe.

4. this is getting serious. you are having thoughts that won't go away. you are dwelling on them suicide seems like the best alternative. don't be alone, have someone stay with you or call the crises line.

5. suicide is imminent unless you get help. leave this site now you are beyond what peer support can give. call the crises line or go to the hospital. you need irl intervention. it is rare to be at a 5 and survive so if you hit that rare moment get irl help immediately

i hope this simple scale helps people convey thier suicidal thoughts better....mike
Today it's probably 3 its usually 4, I think with me it's an end result a build up over time, but 3 is better than it was. I think that's a lot to do with forums and writing it down can be therapy in itself and also that their are nice encouraging people here that balance out the world being a dark place.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
i'm glad you're doing better. letting things out does make things a little better. and there are a lot of good people here. i hope you can get even better...mike...*console*hug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00