Suicidal Sister in foreign country

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by ConcernedSis, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConcernedSis

ConcernedSis New Member

I have a sister who suffers from BPD, she moved to Germany 9 months ago and has not learned the language. She only speaks English.

She is feeling suicidal and I don't know how to help her. Please can someone tell me who I should call if she needed to be hospitalised?

I have contacted a few therapists in Hannover but am awaiting responses.

I am worried that if she tells me she is going to do it, I won't be able to stop her.

I have her address but she has not friends that I know of and I don't know where she works.

Thank you. x
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You can call the operator where your sister lives and they will put you through to emergency services there and send someone to where your sister lives
    Tell your sister to reach out to hospital there ok emergency dept will be able to help her they will find someone that speaks her language
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there I have BPD too. Who is she in Germany with? If she is with friends please let them know how she is feeling so they can keep an eye on her and if she gets upset/suicidal they can call for her. If she is alone, ask her to come home to you. I'm sorry but with her in a different country and her not knowing the language well that makes this very hard. Do what you can and keep talking to us. I hope she will get better.

Kind regards

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Wow it must be very scary for you. Different country prodecures are different as I dont know nothing about Germany. Good Luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.