Suicidal starvation

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Rookie, Oct 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rookie

Rookie Active Member

Hello all, I've recently started a full time course at university. Prior to this I was on means tested welfare benefits. The problem is that, on a full time course, i cannot claim these benefits. I had originally applied to study part time so that i could continue to claim and look for work whilst studying. However on enrolment, they told me I could save £4000 by studying full time. So i jumped at the chance without really considering the financial consequences. My application for student finance was for the original part time study, which prevented me from applying for living cost loans and grants. Now I have no money, no food and no way of sourcing either. I have spoken to student finance regarding my situation and they have told me that they cannot transfer my details from part time to full time. So now I am waiting for my original application to be deleted before I can submit a full time application. Now I face a ten day wait for the application to be deleted, and then a further three weeks for my new application, evidence and declarations to be processed. I just dont know what to do, I just dont see any hope anymore. This course was supposed to be my way out of my depressing life, and now its' spiralling out of control.

2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

where are you now?
    like got a place to stay?

3. windlepoons

windlepoons Well-Known Member

That sucks, sorry this happened.
    Is there any other help or advice available on the campus? Since this is a short-term issue there may be assistance available from somewhere?

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi. i am wondering if the samaritans can help at all in giving advice. Maybe there is someone there who has knowledge of this whole system and how to navagate it. I suggest this because I think you are in the UK. And the samaritans are also there. http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us
    I have read reports here that some people did get help from the samaritans. I commend you for doing what you can to better yourself by going to school. But I do see that you are in a situation where you need some good help and advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.