Suicidal Thoughts - Are you Feeling Suicidal Today?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Now that is funny, I share your sense of humor. Speaking of pain Mike, how's your threshold these days? Right now, I'm imagining taking a cruise with you in that Dodge. Bliss my friend, I can see it.
just got off a few days with high levels but through it now. if you are ever in the area when she is out i'd love to have you cruise with me. caution ! may need to put plastic on the seats lol

mike....*hug*shake

Please help me … a kind word anything .., my life is crumbling … the panic attacks are soo much … fear indescribable fear of life …
Dear @Help56 ... life is incredibly difficult and frightening. Panic attacks (for me) are like being zapped into another dimension of complete fear and complete aloneness. Please tell me what they are like for you, if you choose to.

I'll listen. feel free to message me anytime.

Help56

Dear @Help56 ... life is incredibly difficult and frightening. Panic attacks (for me) are like being zapped into another dimension of complete fear and complete aloneness. Please tell me what they are like for you, if you choose to.

for me I get them at dawn or in the morning . Meaning I can’t do anything really . Then I calm in the afternoon. It’s all very difficult . I can’t deal with small things or work it’s tough .

I'll listen. feel free to message me anytime.

Does anyone get scared …. Very scared of things ..,
I'm horrified of the future constantly.

As far as thoughts, things haven't been good lately after a fairly good January. I'm afraid of my rage lately, it hasn't been this strong in awhile. I've also read the wishing to die quotes here also, and I get it. Although I don't want to, it's hard to stop picturing the end as the grand prize when life is going nowhere.

Last edited:
I used to, a lot, and I have noticed the fear creeping back up on me again - so still trying to contend with it.

There is a breathing technique I find helps: Simply breathe deeply in for a count of four, hold for four, breath out for a count of four, hold out for four, repeat. I believe the science is that this helps to regulate your heartbeat which starts to fluctuate wildly in states of panic. As the heartbeat calms down it brings the rest of the fear response in the body and brain into line. Although, I'm not a doctor, so don't quote me on this. Just something I found helped make the fear something smaller and containable.

Even when not in panic I found it a good practice just to build up a baseline against the fear. Waiting for a bus, standing in line at the supermarket, I just breathe through this pattern whenever I remember. No one has to notice you're doing it.

Try to remember that the fear is something that is happening to you, not who you are. Try to see the fear from outside rather than inside.

I hope this might help in someway. Also, advice to self.

Be brave, because the only time you can be brave is when you're afraid.

Although I don't want to, it's hard to stop picturing the end as the grand prize when life is going nowhere.
Be brave, because the only time you can be brave is when you're afraid.
@Help56 Yes, I get very scared of things, although this type of panic attack has not occurred going on 7 months now. I've learned over time that panic attacks will never kill me, which is oddly ironic because my entire sense of being revolved around suicide ideation from the years of 2017-2019. It was towards the end of 2019 the death grip of suicide ideation finally abated.

@I Love Tomorrow Your words capture the essence of the suicide ideation I lived through. Thank you for sharing. I wish I could send healing your way.

@Ishmael Yes!

The most interesting, intelligent, and articulate people are found on this site. Thank you SF!

Suicidal thoughts haven't entered my mind and I'm almost relieved about this. It's very hard to talk to people about how I'm feeling because I don't want to be a burden on others, but losing my brother to suicide is when those thoughts began popping into my mind again. As of right now, things are okay. My birthday is coming up and I'm actually looking forward to this. Last year my birthday was rather depressing, this year something feels different. I guess things are getting a little bit better for me.

Anytime I support someone else, it makes me feel about things. Am I still sad? Yes, very much so. I'm not thinking about suicide though, I'm just grieving.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00