Suicidal Thoughts - Are you Feeling Suicidal Today?

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Does anyone get scared …. Very scared of things ..,
i get scared a lot more now that i'm older. i fear losing housing etc. and i fear my health. fear is normal and not bad in and of itself. fear is a protection mechanism that alerts us to danger and keeps us safe. as long as we don't let it rule our life it's a good thing

mike....*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'm horrified of the future constantly.

As far as thoughts, things haven't been good lately after a fairly good January. I'm afraid of my rage lately, it hasn't been this strong in awhile. I've also read the wishing to die quotes here also, and I get it. Although I don't want to, it's hard to stop picturing the end as the grand prize when life is going nowhere.
*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I used to, a lot, and I have noticed the fear creeping back up on me again - so still trying to contend with it.

There is a breathing technique I find helps: Simply breathe deeply in for a count of four, hold for four, breath out for a count of four, hold out for four, repeat. I believe the science is that this helps to regulate your heartbeat which starts to fluctuate wildly in states of panic. As the heartbeat calms down it brings the rest of the fear response in the body and brain into line. Although, I'm not a doctor, so don't quote me on this. Just something I found helped make the fear something smaller and containable.

Even when not in panic I found it a good practice just to build up a baseline against the fear. Waiting for a bus, standing in line at the supermarket, I just breathe through this pattern whenever I remember. No one has to notice you're doing it.

Try to remember that the fear is something that is happening to you, not who you are. Try to see the fear from outside rather than inside.

I hope this might help in someway. Also, advice to self.

Be brave, because the only time you can be brave is when you're afraid.
welcome to SF i'm so very glad that you joined

mike....*hug*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Suicidal thoughts haven't entered my mind and I'm almost relieved about this. It's very hard to talk to people about how I'm feeling because I don't want to be a burden on others, but losing my brother to suicide is when those thoughts began popping into my mind again. As of right now, things are okay. My birthday is coming up and I'm actually looking forward to this. Last year my birthday was rather depressing, this year something feels different. I guess things are getting a little bit better for me.

Anytime I support someone else, it makes me feel about things. Am I still sad? Yes, very much so. I'm not thinking about suicide though, I'm just grieving.
i am very sorry about you losing your brother to suicide. i understand that you are grieving and helping others makes a big difference in our own life. i hope you contiue helping others and keep trying to recover yourself, and nobody is a burden here. if you ever need to talk or vent please feel free to use my inbox

mike....*hug*console*shake

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I don’t want to kill myself, I just want to die. If I die of natural causes then it might lessen the grief for my loved ones. Not my choice though, so I’m not sure why I should even bother thinking about it.
death can seem like a release to people that are suffering. a lot of people that have suicidal ideation wish they could die of natural causes sooner. the truth is most people don't want to die at all, they just want the pain to end. i was suicidal then wished i could die now i'm patiently waiting to be called home, most of the time. if you are like me and going to stick around then try as hard as you can to get some joy out of life while waiting , and helping others will also help you to deal with the pain

my inbox is always there if you want to talk or vent

mike...*hug*shake

LumberJack

I put on women’s clothing, and hang around in bars
I saw my therapist yesterday and felt better afterwards, but halfway through today I am back to feeling so much pain. I know I can stand it because I am standing it. I don’t want to though. I’m lost in my depression and I’m struggling to keep up an attitude that I will get through this.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00