suicidal thoughts due to medical condition?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by PB08, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PB08

PB08 New Member

hi all, newb to the forum with a need to vent here :rolleyes:

I have suffered from chronic tinnitus (ringing in the ears) for 4 years now. It has gotten progressivly worse to the point that the noise in my head is sometimes almost deafening. The constant siren going off 24/7 that overwhelms most other sounds has really taken me to the brink, especially recently... I can't really describe how it makes me feel having to live with this incredible noise for which there is no cure and no releif. There are people who have mild cases where the noise is easily masked, and others where it is un-maskable and causes physical reverberations in their head all day and night. I unfortunately appear to fall in the latter category.

I'll admit to finding it hard to digest when I read of people having genuine suicidal ideations due to temporary issues in their lives. I very much appreciate that depression is an illness like any physical ailment though, and I have sympathy for anyone who is in that dark pit of fear that I often find myself in.

I've tried anti-depressants a couple of times but havnt really had any joy due to the nature of my problem. Has anybody with medical problems had success with ADs? what is your condition and how does it make you feel?

I have had a little joy with xanax and valium when the fear/anxiety has been at it's most rampant. I'm considering consistent long-term usage of benzos despite the risk of addiction.

For what it's worth to anyone else, I think 'people' are a good cure to depression. Without my girlfriend I doubt I'd still be around. If you find the right soul mate most things seem quite cope'able :smile:

2. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I am here for medical problems, to bad I can barely get my dick hard so I cant get a girlfriend, I am a biological stain in humanity

3. PB08

PB08 New Member

Me and my GF don't have an overly active sex life actually, and it doesnt seem to matter. We just work well together as a combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.