Suicidal thoughts..

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dru916, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Dru916

Dru916 New Member

I've hit bottom.. after a 9 year ending relationship.. Ive lost over 200k in gambling and owe over 40k in loan sharks with high interest.. my income is barely enough to survive after paying the weekly interest..
    I did this to myself and I know I need to be responsible and deal with it.
    3 weeks ago I met a girl and she made me feel like there is hope.. but now I feel codependent on her and when she's not around I feel weak. Which I hate. Sometimes I feel it's easier just to feel no pain. Mostly due to the bueden of my debt. I can't tell any of my family members. I don't know who I can turn to.
    I'm just way over my head right now and the burden is making me think bad thoughts. Now I even feel worse at times that my lows will be devastating..
    I have barely any real friends.. I can't tell my family.. I dont know who I can turn to.. I created a huge mess..
  2. moxman

moxman I am proud to call Rosie, my best friend =) Forum Pro

Hi Dru, I am Mox

Thank you for joining us at SF. Please know you are not alone in your pain and suffering; I invite you to read my story in green below this reply. You are with friends. You are safe here, no one will insult you or harass you in any manner; that BS is not tolerated here. If you are like me, you stumbled across SF because you were looking for ways to commit suicide. Are you suicidal? If you feel like you are a danger to yourself please go to the nearest ER and get the help you desperately need. There is no shame in getting help. The more of your story you share , the more we can help you.

I am happy that you met a girl and feel like there is a newfound hope in your life. I am saddened to see that you have created a huge mess for you financially. I am sure that can not be an easy thing to deal with. Have you considered joining Gamblers Anonymous or some other organization to help you stop gambling?

Have you considered seeing a counselor to help you deal with the lows and the confusing feelings you seem to have around the new lady in your life? Maybe a psychiatrist to help you manage your lows so they will not be so devastating?

Take Care
  3. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

WhoaThisPlaceIsScary Well-Known Member

Do not ever gamble again..DO NOT EVER GAMBLE AGAIN. It's the worst most depressing thing it will destroy you.That's the best advice I could give..
  4. WhoaThisPlaceIsScary

WhoaThisPlaceIsScary Well-Known Member

Sorry for the hell you've put yourself into ..I've been there.Don't give up!!
    sahel likes this.
  5. iron_sky

iron_sky New Member

You have a lot on your plate Dru, but you're not alone, there is always someone for you to talk to and help you try to find a solution to your problems. Ending a relationship is hard, but it's good that you have someone new in your life. Be positive about that and don't try to force anything, just let the relationship run its course naturally, whether it's a friendship or something more.

As for your debt, I can't imagine how you must be feeling as the thought of owing so much money is terrifying, but there are people out there who can help you. Start with some free citizens advice and go from there. Tell them about your situation and they will point you in the right direction so that you can start sorting out your finances.

I hope this helps. Stay strong.
  6. You can turn to us, the people on this forum. We have your back, and we all struggle through dark times too.

I understand that what you're going through must be pretty tough, but think of it this way - once you make it through all this, you will be so much stronger because of your experience. Until then, I'd say to just take each day one at a time, and try to improve things little-by-little, and soon things should be looking up.

In regards to the gambling, have you sought out any support groups for gambling problems? There are likely several free resources available to help people who struggle with gambling. You certainly aren't alone in that, it's a tough thing that gets a lot of people down.

I hope things turn around much better for you though, and that you will be all the more strong because of what you've been through.
  7. WannaEndit01

WannaEndit01 Well-Known Member

Hi Dru: I have my owns problems that I believe are worse then yours. I believe that's the nature of depression your problems are always the worst. I started off with that to let you know I am for real. I don't mean to offed you really, but are you for real? You actually own $40k to loan sharks?