Suicidal Thoughts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Godsdrummer, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well, it should come as no suprise to people here who know me and my situation, but I had suicidal thoughts again last night. Only for a moment.

But it got me thinking, much like Alcoholism is a disease, one that can really never be cured, I suspect that suicidal ideation is a disease as well.

We combat it with rx meds, but I think from time to time these thoughts will just occur.

I think that is why sites like this one are so vitally important. Just having a place to come to when those thoughts occur, can help greatly.

Anyway, just a thought I had.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Bill,
    I totally agree with you.. I have suicidal ideations everyday..Thru my meds and therapy I keep control of them..It;s no easy task, it takes alot of work to be able to manage them..This forum has saved my life a couple of times..The members here are very supportive..

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I also agree. Although it is not an addiction in the way alcoholism or drugs are, it is definitely like a disease.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I agree too i have been living with these thoughts as well expecially with all the stress and if it wasn't for this forum and the kindness here i don't know where i would go because of my fear thanks

5. max0718

max0718 Well-Known Member

I think suicide can become a comfort zone of sorts for some. It's like you know you have a way out if things do not work out. Sad way to look at it I suppose, but it does happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.