1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

suicidal thoughts

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Someone_1, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone_1

Someone_1 New Member

I'm not sure that I actually am suicidal. I suspect that I am not. I do have feelings that my life is worthless. I'm a graduate student but I don't feel my area of study is worthwhile, and I don't feel competent to work at any job, let alone as a professor or researcher (what I'm going in for) especially because I have ADD. I also have no friends and my family is emotionally damaging and manipulative a good portion of the time. I've recently been getting treatment for panic disorder: that has been very effective, and i'm no longer in constant fear throughout my day which used to paralyze me from doing anything. Today I started on my way to wallgreens to pick up a 1 1/4 by 1 1/2 inch foto for a FOID card. I don't think I could actually shoot myself, but when I get depressed I usually take some steps towards getting the card. Today I got depressed on the way there and went back home to continue working- never actually bought the photo. I spend all my time studying and I have no feeling of job security or sense of respect from my peers. I do not have time to pursue the things I enjoy in life, and Ive wasted years of my life working my ass off only to perform sub-par to my peers because of my ADD and emotional problems (not to mention general ignorance). I have a hard time imagining myself giving away my major posessions, so I doubt I'm serious about killing myself, and the fact that I am pursuing a FOID card rather than a <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods> kinda says to me that I'm not really that serious in the end- There are more sure and less painful ways to die. Just the same, I'm pretty miserable. I doubt posting on a random forum can possibly be useful. The last thing I need is hospitalization. Still, not sure what else to do, so there it is.

2. scarlettdrknss

scarlettdrknss Well-Known Member

posting on a random forum does actually help sometimes. even if only to waste time or just rant. sometimes you end up having a nice conversation with someone. someone who can understand.
    i attempted suicide last year and went to a shrink and got medication and so on but hated it and stopped. i never stopped thinking about suicide though, or how worthless my life is. i can't even bring myself to study properly to finish school. i feel so worthless though that i just go with the flow. i don't even care enough to really wish for death.
    so i think you're actually doing good. you're not actually wishing for death, which is good i guess. and i was told that posting a thread like this is asking for help or opinions is a good step. like you're trying to find a way to get away from those thoughts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.