suicidal urges/irrational thoughts.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mandy1, Feb 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

hi. im having terrible urges to commit suicide and i feel at extreme risk
    of acting on these urges, as i see right now as irrational.
    im scared i will act on impulse.Right this minute im so scared,please help me.

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

What can we do for you to help you stay safe?

3. Vagrant

Vagrant Account Closed

First action on impulse isn't the best thing to do :huh:, you are not able to think right, right now.
    The best thing i can say, Think about the moment that make you feel happy and stop thinking about what make you feel sad, call your friend, change your mood, or talk about your problems friend are there for this !,
    Sometime your problems could be easly fixed but you cant figure it out because your submerged by your emotion.
    I am Bipolar and in a major depression at the same time, it's not easy because sometime i want to act in a impulse, but there is always a solution we're there for you amanda don't give up !
    I'd a rough life, it's not easy but at 19 years old, i am still there, keeping my head up and don't let the jealous wins, lot of people wanted to see me dead i know it's not easy.
    Killing yourself may results in a mad pain for your familly and friends i don't think you want that no ones want that,
    I may know that taking pills for depression may not be pleasant but it very help this is for your good, help yourself ! ;)
    Stay safe, keep posting on here. :hugtackles:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2010
  4. Mandy1

Thankyou for your replies,and im very grateful.
    my mom was killed in a road traffic accident 8 days ago.
    I understand its early days,but ive never felt grief and shock like this before.
    I am 42yrs old,and i have suffered with depression all my life,i live with suicidal thoughts on a daily basis.
    I have made 2 serious attempts,and several what i call,please excuse my terminology i am useless with words and putting them down in black and white,i joke that i wish we could read minds and that i live in my head,because i usually know exactly what i want to say but,i cant explain it verbally.
    Im having urges to harm my self and to kill myself,and i am terribly scared that i will act upon this,I need help i dont no where to turn apart from here,i live alone and dont get on with my family i have no one to ring right now but i no i need help right now.

5. Mandy1

Please

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Mandy I hear you...I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mum....I understand how devestating that must be for you.....
    I can relate to you living alone and having no family to help you except i am a fair bit older than you...
    it's such early days yet into your grief ...please don't hurt yourself...give it time...it will get easier to cope with...
    I lost my son to suicide in dec 09 and I have suffered mental illness all my life too....when it happened I wanted to just disappear off the face of the earth and contemplated ending it all...instead I got help....I don't know why I'm still here but with counceling, meds, joining this forum and a strength i didn't know I had I'm still around....
    what you're feeling is normal for the grieving.....I found reading books on grief have helped me so much...
    I hope you can stay and talk to us on this forum...
    there are so many caring people on here ....
    take care and stay safe...

7. Mandy1

Thankyou.
    Your kind words mean alot.Im suicidal right now,yet im coping with that,i have a plan to end my life my way and whilst i am in control,but like i said the impulse urges the i dont care the rash desicions is what scares me,and im trying to reach out but its so hard to know who to trust.

8. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

hug yorkie xx

9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Mandy.. You are in the greif stage.. It takes a while to get past that and realise that your mom is gone..I lost my brother in law last year and it took a while to get past that because he was a great guy..I made a little memorial to him with his picture and the flyers from the church telling about his life..Talk to your doctor about Geodon or Abilify.. I take the geodon for my irrational thoughts and it helps..Normally my head is all jumbled up with thoughts..Take care!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.